Neil Perry (he/him pronouns)

-You and Neil had been friends since you could remember

-
You and Neil had been friends since you could remember. Knowing his family and knowing how he was treated made you and him closer. Your mom had passed away when you 3 years old and your dad re-married a year later.

You and Neil had many things in common but were so different.

Neil was shy but outspoken, he followed his dreams, he had many friends.

You on the other hand were shy and closed off, you followed what your dad said you should do, and you only had Neil.

When you two entered Welton it was as if Neil completely changed. He was different, the way he talked to you, he spent less time with you, it was like years of friendship went down the drain.

"Neil?" You whispered one day in class, he turned and looked at you. His face looked stern, he was concentrating.

"Yes?" He said back as you took in a deep breath looking back at the book in front of you.

"My dad died." You said, he didn't say anything after. The bell rang as you packed and hurried out the room tears falling from your eyes.

You didn't like your dad but him dying meant you were going to have to live with your step-mom and step-siblings.

"(Y/n)!" He shouted running towards you and holding your arm. You turned around and saw him, he had a sad looked in his eye. "Let's go." He whispered.

You and Neil walked out the school and into the forest. If was a peaceful sort of silence, you heard the leafs crack as you and Neil walked towards the river.

"Are you feeling alright?" He asked as he sat at the bridge. You sat next to him rolling up your trousers and taking off your shoes and socks dipping your feet in the water.

"Not really, you know how Dolores is. She sucks the fun out of everything." You sighed as he came closer to you. You rested your head on his shoulder as you quietly began to cry.

"It's alright, you'll be fine." He whispered. Soon you stopped crying, your eyes hurt from all the tears.

"She's the reason I'm here at Welton, my dad didn't want me this far but wanted to make Dolores happy." You said opening your eyes realizing the sun was setting. You looked at him and he looked at you.

You felt yourself leaning in to him as he leaned in. Your lips touched his, it was a beautiful kiss, your first.

You pulled away from it and stared at him before looking away and standing up.

"I'm sorry Neil, I meant to tell you." You stuttered putting your socks and shoes on.

"(Y/n)." He said as you began to walk away from him. He ran towards you and grabbed your arm as he kissed you again. He rested his hand on your cheek as he deepened the kiss.

You relaxed as you two kissed for what seemed like hours. He pulled away resting his forehead on yours with a grin on his face.

"I like you, I like you a ton." He whispered as you chuckled.

"I like you a lot too Neil." You whispered back as he pecked your lips.

"I like you so much (Y/n). I'll take care of you. You can live with me." He said pecking your lips over and over again.

"Live with you? Your parents won't let me." You chuckled as he shook his head holding both your cheeks.

"It doesn't matter what they say." He whispered. "Be my boyfriend (Y/n)?" He asked as you nodded.

"I would love to be your boyfriend Neil. How will we tell your friends?" You asked as he shrugged.

"They're not ready to know. When the time comes we'll tell them. For now we can be boyfriends in secret." He smiled pecking your lips again.