Charlie Dalton (she/her pronouns)

-

-

Charlie Dalton, student at Welton Academy. He's known as the school flirt, the most popular kid at school. He was daring, free-willed, he did what he wanted to and if someone didn't like it then they could suck it up. He had no time for doubts or regrets, he lived in the shadow of his father for many years. Now, was his time to shine, to probe he is different.

You, (Y/n) (L/n), well-known opera singer, have been doing ballet your entire life. You had no time to be daring, you had no time to be out of the box when all your life was spent in the spotlight everyones eyes always on you. You wanted to be free, to feel free. Being an opera singer and a ballet dancer wasn't your dream. You wanted to travel, to see unknown places and to live just a little.

This was your final night, in a theater in Vermont. You were French from your moms side, so you lived a majority of your life there. You had relatives in Vermont.

Charlie Dalton was invited by Knox and Chris (along with everyone in the Dead Poets Society) to come see the play. He of course agreed, seeing he had nothing else planned for the day.

"Our seats are really close to the stage, Chris's cousin plays Olympia." Knox explained the day before the show. Everyone agreed to go, Charlie was excited.

The night of the show Charlie wore his best suit as everyone dressed up fancy before walking to the place where the show was held.

You were behind the curtains as your instructor explained everything. You were always nervous before a show, you were never confident.

This was your last show, you told your mom you were quitting, you were never going back to being an opera singer.

"Are you ready (Y/n)?" The instructor asked as you nodded. This was your cue to go on stage. "Are you sure you want to quit after this?"

"Yes sir, this isn't my dream. It's my moms." You sighed.

"You're the youngest Olympia, you're such an amazing opera singer, we'll miss you greatly." He said back as you gave him a smile.

"I'm sorry sir. There's so much I want to do with my life. Doing opera and ballet aren't one of them. I'm going back to school, I'm staying here in Vermont." You smiled.

"This is your cue. Seize the day. Enjoy your classes." He smiled as you walked onto the stage in your Olympia outfit, a smile on your face.

"She's really good." Charlie mumbled to Todd who nodded.

After the show you bowed and smiled. You walked to the dressing room where you changed into your everyday dress. You smiled at yourself as your fellow cast mates walked and congratulated you telling you how much they'll miss you.