Knox Overstreet/Charlie Dalton

this isn't going to be an xreader so please do feel free to skip this one-shot :)

Loosely inspired by: I Love You So by The Walters.
Enjoy!

Charlie Dalton had been in love with his best mate, Knox Overstreet, for what felt like forever. He couldn't recall a time where he wasn't deeply in love with Knox.

He does remember when it started. That was 2nd grade in primary school. They had met then, Charlie had been friends with Neil since forever.

Charlie and Neil were swinging on the swing set when a group of 4th graders had began to bother them. Neil and Charlie did their best to stand their ground but were quick to be overpowered by the group of much older kids.

"Hey! Leave them alone!" A young Knox Overstreet said stepping in front of them.

"Why should we listen to you? You little gremlin!" They laughed shoving Knox to the ground.

And as if nothing had happened Knox stood up and threw the first punch which then turned into a huge fight. Charlie and Neil tried their best to help but Knox did most of the fighting.

They all got detentions and their fathers were called quickly after. Charlie admired Knox's bravery, how quickly he was to defend a strangers without hesitation.

Charlie at first thought this was admiration but he quickly found himself falling for Knox as the years went on. He confided in Neil who understood and swore to keep it a secret until Charlie was ready to confess.

"Neil Perry!" A very happy Knox Overstreet yelled walking into Neil's dorm a smile on his face as he laid on Todd's unoccupied bed.

"Knox, what's up?" Neil smiled laying his book down on his lap sitting up slightly to look at him.

"You won't believe what happened, guess." Knox smirked looking at Neil who raised his eyebrow.

"You found $100 on the floor?" Neil joked, Knox chuckled and shook his head before sitting up.

"I met the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." Knox smiled.

Neil's heart dropped at the news, fearing Charlie's reaction to the news that his long time crush now has a crush on a girl.

"Oh! Well that's excellent news! Yes! Who is she?" Neil asked as Knox enthusiastically explained how they met and who she was and her name and just everything about her.