Chapter thirty one: Suspension

After being dragged by the school security guard and dumped in the principal's office, Alice and I both had been yelled at for five hours then our guardians had been called who got yelled at for one hour and then we were sent home on a two month suspension.

Del obviously wasn't happy and hoped that I would get lost one day and get eated by a witch who fattens me up with sweets. She complained about having to see my face more often and how that would contribute to the rest of the wrinkles that would appear on her face.

Sadly, they still gave me homework to complete for the suspension period and my teachers gave me textbooks (even for gym and drama) that I had to read and teach myself with.

Two weeks had passed by since my suspension and I had done nothing. The following days I had spent in pain from the shedding as I didn't need to take the pills Marisa gave anymore. The pain wasn't too bad yet because our skin still wasn't perfectly shedding off- it still peeled off in pieces but the pieces were getting bigger.

I sat in my room on the four poster bed and was completed my homework. Through the windows, sunlight streamed in, illuminating parts of the wooden floor and bed. I got off the bed and opened the window, allowing the humidity to pour in. A loud cricket chirped, maybe there was more than one but it was good to just focus on the sound it was making.

The backyard wasn't the best but it would've been better off without the graveyard a few meters behind. How many times had I seen people banding up there in the night and doing the weirdest stuff.

I glanced up there and now woman stood there, behind a dozen tomb stones and seem to be covering her face with a black phone or something of the sort. This is the weird stuff that happened here. You would expect flowers and such but, over here all you received was disrespect.

I looked around the graveyard to see if anyone else was there but she seemed to be the only one there.

Then all of a sudden my heart beat picked up and I could hear my heart hammering away in my ears.

Despite the huge distance between the woman and I, and I could be completely wrong (at least that's what I hoped and repeated to myself) but it looked as if the woman was pointing something at me. The thing looked like it had two lenses on it, like a pair of binoculars...was this woman watching me?

Out of panic, I gasped and I quickly shut the curtains and slipped down against the wall until I landed on the wooden floor. The room was encased in darkness and everything had fallen silent, even the cricket from earlier. Or because all I could hear now was the sound of my own heart beating.

Was she watching me? Or had I misunderstood her? She didn't even look familiar to me. Why would a stranger be watching me? Especially with binoculars.

I inhaled a sharp intake of breath and got on my knees. Grabbing the edges of the curtains, I pulled them apart and peeked over the windowsill but I couldn't see anything other than the tree branches.

Letting go of the fear, I got up and looked out but the cemetery was empty.

She definitely knew I saw her.

I slapped the curtains and flopped on top of the bed and the mattress groaned under my weight.

My anxiety levels had gone from 8 out of 10 this week to 100 out 10.

Someone was watching me outside my window.

Some random creepy lady, I think she was a lady, was watching me with binoculars, in the cemetery! I peeked another look out but she was not there.

Just then the doorbell rang and had I not known Kaleb and Dhurv were coming over, I would've gotten ready my fangs ready to use up some of that venom.