Chapter 23

The group of people put on their shoes and went downstairs immediately, passing the floor in the middle. Many people could be seen fighting together in the corridor – arguing, accusations, verbal lashes, crying… it was endless. People smashed everything they could throw at each other frantically, towards the classmates and roommates who they got along with day and night.

“Say it! Did you steal my money last week!”

“I have endured you for a long time! Can you not snore in the evening!”

“Go die, die, die, die!”

“……”

The whole building was crazy.

People started to bring up old scores. Some trivial things, any piled-up dissatisfaction in their hearts, can be the reason for them to fight, or even kill, at this moment.

They would just kill some people who they have been long displeased with and live on. What was wrong with that?

The purpose of the broadcast had been achieved.

He succeeded in turning a campus into a purgatory on Earth.

Xie Chian walked through this purgatory.

When he got down to the first floor, he turned his head.

Then his face stiffened.

“Where is Zhou Yiyan?” Xie Chian said in a deep voice, “Who saw him?”

Qian Fu, who was at the end, turned his head, and he also froze: “He was clearly behind me, why didn’t he follow?”

Xie Chian pursed his lips.

After all, a piece of chocolate can’t do anything. Zhou Yiyan had a stomach problem and can’t run fast. They didn’t know when he fell behind.

“You go first, I will go back to find him,” Xie Chian said.

“Xie Chian, are you crazy?! You know how dangerous it is! What do you mean by going back, let’s hurry up! Zhou Yiyan, that kid, will be helped by the heavens, he won’t…” have an accident. Sun Quanyong’s three words have not even been said yet when they were swallowed in his throat.

Zhou Yiyan had fallen before them.

From the fifth floor.

Just a few seconds ago, less than ten steps away from there, there was a muffled sound of a heavy object landing, and blood stains were everywhere.

Some people screamed.

The people of unit 502 were shocked.

Zhou Yiyan wasn’t dead yet. His body twitched slightly, his eyes were blankly looking at the sky. His lips moved, as if wanting to say something.

Xie Chian stepped forward and squatted down to listen.

Zhou Yiyan said: “Xie-ge… Right, I’m sorry… I’m too scared… I can’t live… I don’t want to be a hindrance… Xie-ge, thank, thank you… for giving me…” He didn’t even finish speaking when he stopped and died.

Xie Chian squatted there for about a minute, which felt as long as a century.

What was Zhou Yiyan’s unfinished words?

Thank you for the chocolate? Or… for the kindness he gave?

In fact, Xie Chian didn’t do anything. That was to say, when Zhou Yiyan was unable to get into the conversation when the whole unit were talking at night, he unintentionally let him talk. When Zhou Yiyan’s meal card was lost, he invited him for a meal and paid for him. When the boys made fun of Zhou Yiyan and called him a coward, he called the boys to play a round of basketball… He can’t remember how many things were there. For him, those were trivial things.

Those trivial things can become reasons for murder at this time, or they could become unexpected rewards.

Xie Chian knew what Zhou Yiyan was thinking.

Psychological quality was one of the reasons. A nerve-sensitive boy like Zhou Yiyan was most likely to collapse and commit suicide at this time. But there was another aspect.

Zhou Yiyan didn’t want to drag him down.

Zhou Yiyan understood Xie Chian’s character. He knew that Xie Chian was really soft-hearted when he looked at him, and he would definitely turn back to save him when he found out that he had fallen behind.

He was not in good health and had little courage. What will he do in order to live? Will he ask Xie Chian to rescue him twice?

Xie Chian had always been kind to him. He can’t return anything. The only thing he can do was not to become a burden to him at this moment.

So when Zhou Yiyan found out that he had fallen behind, he only hesitated for two seconds before returning to fifth floor.

From the balcony of unit 502, he jumped down.

_

Xie Chian looked at Zhou Yiyan’s corpse and said blankly: “What burden are you talking about, are you so sure that I will keep saving you? Don’t flatter yourself.”

Zhou Yiyan could not answer him.

If he was still alive, he will smile quietly, and then think in his heart that Xie-ge was being a hypocrite again.