Chapter 38

Although it was only afternoon, they had to find a place to stay the night.

They didn’t have to think of the dormitory building. The fight in the morning was so tragic – Xie Chian didn’t want to sleep in a morgue.

Xie Chian looked at each room from the outside. Almost every classroom had dead bodies. Those without corpses were already occupied by living people. Some pulled down curtains and locked the windows. Others had a face-to-face meeting with Xie Chian and his companions. Perhaps because the three of them were too many, they all hurriedly said goodbye, without any intention of doing anything.

On the stairs from the third floor going to the fourth floor, they heard a sound of the piano.

When they reached the fourth floor, the sound of the piano became clearer.

It came from the music classroom.

The tune was soft and soothing. It was like the sound of nature. However, it actually revealed helplessness and sorrow that can’t be overcome, like that of a heavy mourning.

Actually, Liang Yifei and Chen Huihui, two students without artistic cells, couldn’t hear so many emotions. They only thought that the song was quite smooth and nice, but in this case, it was weird and scary.

Where in this murderous environment could someone dare to play such sacred song? Were they not afraid to lead people over?

Xie Chian, on the other hand, could hear it.

It was Chopin’s Sonata No. 2 in B-flat minor.

The third movement was a famous funeral song. However, this person played the second movement.

The second movement had a gloomy and majestic start. It was soft and sad. Then it became passionately sublimated. And it finally ended with sadness and helplessness. It symbolized welcoming the dead to go to heaven, mourning for them, and helping them transcend.

To even play a requiem for others when it was difficult to protect oneself….

Xie Chian suddenly wanted to meet the person who was playing the piano.

_

The door of the music classroom was ajar. In front of the white grand piano, there was a handsome teenager sitting. The afternoon sun draped on his body, casting a shadow on his long, drooping eyelashes. The boy had bright eyes and white teeth. His slender fingers were flying and jumping on the black and white keys, flowing out a string of sweet notes.

Xie Chian was standing at the door, stopping to listen, and didn’t interrupt him.

The boy was very invested in playing. The main melody of his right hand gradually increased, and the rhythm accelerated. After a burst of vigor, the tempo gradually slowed down. The volume decreased layer upon layer, like a hard crawl under lingering breath. His piano song gradually ceased, leaving an endless aftertaste.

After finishing the song, the boy closed his eyes. Then, he opened them again, as if he had only noticed the three people who had been standing at the door for a long time. The warm and bright eyes contained slight surprise.

“It’s Feng Ming of Class 9!” Chen Huihui said in surprise.

“You know him?” Liang Yifei was curious.

“Of course, I know him!”

The night talk in the girls’ dormitory was nothing more but a few situations – chasing after stars and gossiping about makeup, and comparing the handsome people in their grade level.

Feng Ming was one of the two handsome guys in their year. The other one was Xie-ge from their class.

Xie-ge put studies first, handsome but with a cold attitude.

Feng Ming was versatile, warm and sunny.

These two had their own good points, evenly divided, and their faces match.  There were also rotten girls in the year who secretly write fan-art about them and spread it among small groups. However, there had always been a dispute between the girls. Both of them were the Adonis-kind of handsome young men. They didn’t know who will attack and who will receive…

Xie Chian saw that Feng Ming had noticed them and asked, “Do you mind if we come in?”

Feng Ming smiled gently. He closed the piano cover, got up, and looked at the three of them: “Of course, I don’t mind.”

Xie Chian pulled a chair in a relaxed manner and sat down.