-13-

ROSALIE POV

Today is the day of the interview. I found out the hard way that I'd have no time to relax. As soon as I finished my lunch, I was whisked away to be prepped.

Lily styled my curly hair with different sprays so it was down and framed my face but wouldn't get in my eyes and block my view, or the Capitol's view from me.

Selene fixed some yellow acrylic nails over the top of my short bitten ones. She painted white daisies over the background yellow colour.

Posie did a natural makeup look to accentuate my 'childlike innocence'.

Then Mikel came and saved me from my prep teams constant prodding and adjustments. He came holding a gorgeous dress which matched my nails. I had a small daisy wreath crown on my head and white shoes with a short heel. The dress was yellow around my torso and the skirt was white and layered to look like a daisy, the flower theme was thorough.

I twirled in the mirror and smiled, "it's beautiful, thanks Mikel."

"All you, honey. Now go out there and own it," he kisses my cheek before walking out.

As soon as he's left the room, Liana took me away and chatted my ear off excitedly as we walked.

Caesar Flickerman, the man who has hosted interviews for much longer than I've been alive, bounces onto the stage looking the exact same as he did when I was born, capitol people are weird with their freaky surgery to make you look younger and skinnier. Being old and fat in District 11 was a success. If you were old, you were a survivor and if you were fat, you were healthily fed rather than scraping for food. It's different in the Capitol. They aspire to look young and eccentric.

Caesar tells a few introductory jokes to warm up the crowd. His hair was yellow this year, which coincidentally matched with Ralph and I. We were interviewed from District 1's girl all the way to District 12's boy and each tribute had three minutes.

I have to give it to him, Caesar Flickerman is a good host, he laughs at lame jokes, calms nervous tributes, and even makes weak responses shine with his reaction. He brings life into the interviews.

Ralph is soon by my side in a matching outfit to me. He has white pants and shoes with a yellow blazer and belt. His shirt is white with yellow buttons, the top few undone.

"Looking good Rosie, or should I start calling you Daisy," I hear his low voice in my ear.

"Nah, I think it suits you much better, Sunshine," someone comes over to escort me closer to the stage. "Good luck, you'll be fine." I reassure him before I leave.

Once the District 10 males interview has ended Caesar is calling my name. I walk onto the stage feigning confidence with a contagious smile on my face. Caesar shakes my hand and makes a comment on how small they are, making the crowd 'aww'.

"So, Rosalie, the Capitol is a big change from your home, District 11, what's it been like, what's your favourite part?"

"I love the bed, it could've fit my whole family," before he can make any comment about my family (which would result in a sad 'they're all dead' comment, which wouldn't be good for my act) I add "and the sugar."

"The sugar? On its own, do tell?" Caesar laughs, also dodging the family question.

"Well, yeah, it's sweet on its own but it's good with strawberries too."

"Ooh, I know exactly what you mean, I treat myself to some sugary strawberries on occasion too, is that okay do you think, it doesn't show right?" Caesar jokes, pretending to look anxious as he moves his blazer jacket to show his shirt.

"No, course not. Because the strawberries are healthy so they balance out the sugar, right?"

"I like that logic." Caesar and the audience laugh as I smile myself. If he wasn't from the Capitol I might actually feel comfortable with him. "Now, Rosalie, you volunteered at thirteen how brave is that. Isn't she brave?" The crowd cheer, some tearful. "What made you do it?"

"Well, the girl whose name was called? She's one of my closest friends, she's my best friends, Apollo's, sister too. I would've never been able to forgive myself if I had the chance to raise my hand and take her place and didn't do it because I was scared. Because I knew she was even more afraid. I lost my brother last year, I don't want Apollo to feel the same heartbreak."

"And then your friend's name was pulled for, how heart wrenching," sobs are heard from the crowd. "So, your brother was here in this very spot just last year speaking about you, what would you say to him, right now, if he were here."

"That it's okay."

"Why would you say that?" Both Caesar and the audience were hooked now as I feel my own eyes water, but that was good. It'd make the public feel for with me.

"Because I know he'd feel bad...leaving me. Because he's all I've ever really had. He was everything to me. But we both knew he wasn't coming back when we said goodbye back home, and I hate to think that he might've died with any guilt."

"That brings tears to my eyes and I have makeup on," he laughs to the crowd lightly, "tell me something good."

"Something good?" Caesar nods. I look to Chaff in the crowd who is drinking from his flask and I smirk, "Chaff, my mentor, gave me my first alcoholic drink."

Caesar gasped dramatically, "no!"

"Yes!"

"Tut, tut, Chaff, you bad influence." Chaff just shrugs at the camera with a proud smirk on his face. "So, you and Chaff, do you two get on well then?"

"Yeah, he's pretty cool." I look to Chaff and I swear I see him wipe something from his eye as the crowd 'aww' again.

The timer buzzes and the crowd exclaim complaints and Caesar laughs as he quietens them down, "well as you can tell, we love you here," I fake a smile claiming I love them too which drives them even crazier, "so we hope to see you again soon, our little flower," he adds before giving me a side hug and gesturing to the cameras again about my small height with an expression of awe.

Ralph was then called to stage.

"So, Ralph, who's waiting for you back home," Caesar asked after greeting the boy and taking their seats.

"My family is unfortunately not, uh, with me anymore. But Rosie and Brook became my family, and their friends Apollo and Luna by extension."

"Rosie? Isn't that a cute name," the audience 'coo' and 'aww' as Ralph blushed slightly with a laugh. "Are you blushing, does someone have a crush?"

"It doesn't matter," Ralph smiled sadly.

Caesar pouts, "why's that?"

"Because only one of us is going home, and i'll do everything in my power to make sure it's Rosalie."

That left a sting in both the whole of Panem as well as Ralph and Rosalie's hearts.

The rest of the interview, the two had banter and Ralph radiated confidence but it was also a smart move of Chaff's to include some sensitivity in his character.