-69-

Rosalie Odair sat on the sandy beach beside Johanna Mason.

Whilst Johanna's hair had began to grown out over time, she still kept the style of a pixie haircut by having Rosalie cut it regularly for her. Similarly, Rosalie never lets her hair grow very long and she always has the short hair in braids as she found that every time she ran her hair through the strands, she was reminded of the many times Finnick would do it to calm her.

Just in front of the pair sitting on the sand, two children played together in the clear blue water of the ocean. Rosalie smiled as her son splashed water at Aria, and vice versa.

Johanna, after her torture, and Rosalie, after the mutts in the sewers incident, still struggled sometimes with water but Theodor had been kind enough to reach both his and Rosalie's child to swim.

"Alright, we've got the food!" Annie calls to the two kids as she and Theo walk towards Rosalie and Johanna, Theodor places the heavy picnic basket down on the large checkered blanket.

The two children come running over from the water, racing each other.

Aria, who was now ten years old, arrives first. She immediately sits down and picks herself a sandwich from the basket.

Then Finley arrives, out of breath, plopping himself down between Rosalie and Johanna and laying his head of wet hair onto his mothers lap as he catches his breath.

He has his mothers mixed skin tone, but a little lighter, and his father's messy blonde hair and eyes that mirror the sea. He has his father's smile too, the typical Finnick smirk when he's joking around but also the charming smile, like the one he wears now as he looks up at his mother.

It's safe to say her heart of gold lived on in him for he definitely inherited the trait as he's the kindest, most selflessly sweet and patient five year old Rosalie's ever seen.

He truly was a blessing as Rosalie doesn't know what she'd have done without him, her little piece of Finnick.

She promised to tell him the stories one day of how his father, the love of her life, helped change Panem for the better, only when he's older.

She would tell him of Finnick's bravery, of his heroic actions and his kind soul. She would make sure he knew exactly who Finnick Odair was and how lucky the world was to have him, even for such a short time.

Rosalie looks down when she feels water being flicked at her face to see her son wearing that mischievous grin he got from his father, his small hand clutched to his chest dripping with water guiltily.

"Finley Odair, you cheeky little monkey," Rosalie tickles his sides, causing an adorable giggle to escape from his lips.

When Finley and Johanna reach out for the same sandwich, the woman slaps his hand away gently, sticking out her tongue at the young boy who just pouts and sticks his own tongue out at his auntie before grabbing another sandwich and taking a bite without breaking eye contact with the woman.

Rosalie is lay on the couch of the Victor's house, her best friend Johanna laying her sleeping head on her shoulder as her snoring son lays curled up in her side.

She doesn't have the heart to wake the pair up so she just pulls the blanket off the back of the couch and drapes it over the three of them.

Looking to either side of her, she sees her twin pillars of support. The two people who she couldn't live without.

Her son, Finley, who manages to bring her joy on even her worst days. Her little boy who looks so painfully similar to Finnick that sometimes it hurts.

And Johanna Mason. The two girls understand each other like no one else does. For they have both experienced great loss but have also both overcome the worst obstacles. Rosalie found a sense of peace, normalcy, and calm with the girl.

Johanna prides herself in being the 'bestest and coolest and greatest auntie to ever live', the title was gifted to her by the one and only Finley Odair.

The two girls often find themselves curled up in one bed together at night, after one of them (or both of them) wake up sweating and crying from a horrific memory, Johanna's usually involves the Capitol whilst Rosalie's are a mix of Capitol nightmares and her husband's death.

They always manage to help calm each other, Rosalie always says they're platonic soulmates.

Johanna was one of the few people left in the world that have had the privilege to both see and experience Rosalie's heart of gold.