-24-

an: mention of Rosalie's prostitution. If it makes you uncomfortable, please skip this chapter. It's not necessary to read it's just another Finnick/Rosalie moment (also, sorry it's a little shorter than usual)

Rosalie runs out of the tall apartment building with her red high heels in hand. Her hair which had previously been tied up into a tight, fancy bun was now messy with strands sticking out and the front pieces of hair falling around her face. Her makeup, that had previously been perfected by Mikel, was now messed up from tears, mascara smudged around her eyes, creating an almost smoky eye look. Blood smeared under her cut lip and a small bruise forming on her neck.

In one hand was her heels, the other hand was pulling one of her spaghetti straps back onto her shoulder.

The dark night sky creating a darkness to overcome the fancy white building. When she opened the golden gate of the building and saw the tinted windowed, black car waiting outside, she let out a sigh of relief as her breaths calmed as she tried to stop herself hyperventilating.

She opened the door and easily stepped in because of the slit in her dress. Mikel sent her a soft smile, "we okay?"

Rosalie nodded. If she didn't respond or shook her head, that meant she needed him to help her up to her apartment. If she nodded, it meant she'd be okay getting up there herself.

Mikel drove her back to the safety of the Victor's Apartment Building. She smiled at her friend, "thanks Mikel."

"Call if you need anything," he smiles at her, passing her the keys to her apartment that she always leaves in the car so she never forgets them if she's drunk.

She gets out the car and walks into the building. Mikel waits until she's safely inside before driving off.

She was hoping and praying that, just this once, Finnick wouldn't be there. She didn't want him to see her like this, a mess all bloody and bruised because that would mean an explanation and she didn't want to talk about it.

However, it was Rosalie's unlucky day when she turned the corner on the stairs and saw Finnick sat against the wall with his eyes closed. He opened them when he heard footsteps and smiled at the girl before he saw the blood, slightly ripped dress, and smudged makeup causing him to stand to his feet so quickly he almost fell back over. "Hey, woah, wh- what happened, you okay?"

"I'm fine, just a... rough client," Rosalie mutters, wiping at her damp cheeks, beginning to feel lightheaded. It's been a long night.

She continues up the stairs to her floor and Finnick follows closely, catching her when she stumbles, "okay, at least let me help you to your room, okay?"

Rosalie, being stubborn as always, just shrugs, "if it makes you feel better."

Finnick breathes a laugh, "yeah, it will."

He took her keys in one hand and wrapped the other around her waist, gently and respectfully but with enough pressure to keep her steadily upright.

The boy walks her inside closing the door with his foot as it clicked, automatically locking, and walks into her living room to guide her to the couch. He grabbed a wet cloth and wiped the blood from her bruised lip carefully, making sure not to harm the girl further.

He blushed upon realising their close proximity and turns away to wash the cloth so Rosalie didn't see.

He helped her wash off the makeup and left her to change into comfortable clothes (sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt with bed socks) whist Finnick made them some hot chocolate.

He talked about something that happened with Mags and Annie that week to keep her mind off of whatever happened earlier that night. Mags has been seeing Annie with a man a lot recently, she's met him once too. His name is Theodor, Theo for short, and he seems to be a nice boy. Complete gentleman, extremely patient with Annie, and can even calm her screaming panic attacks. Finnick had noticed the light in her eyes recently that he had never seen before. She seemed a lot happier, calmer, these days and he was happy to see it. Mags herself is honestly the captain of the ship, she invited them both over to her house one evening. She made a meal for two and when the couple arrived, the table was set with the delicious meal and a vase of wildflowers in the middle but Mags was nowhere to be seen. Just a note by the flowers reading: enjoy xx. Meanwhile, Mags had gone over to Finnick's and had tea there. When she told Finnick what she did he'd laughed until his stomach hurt.

Once they'd finished their drinks, Finnick left Rosalie to get some rest as her heavy eyes kept closing.

"Thank you, Finnick."

Finnick smiles as her steps out the door, replying before he leaves, "goodnight Rosie."

Finnick always seemed able to cheer her up after even the worst of days and she'd be forever grateful for him never giving up on her.