-63-

The group are in an open area consisting of two different levels and a ladder in the centre. There's water all over the floor and mutts are flooding in from different entrances at all different sides.

As they shoot and stab and fight the mutts, more just keep coming.

Whilst fighting a mutt, Rosalie turns at the sound of a slash to find Johanna stood over a dead mutt with her axe in hand. She gives her friend an appreciative nod before continuing to stab and shoot mutts.

She sees Finnick fighting off three at once with his trident and quickly rushed over help.

The two begin fighting the mutts back to back with spear and trident until Finnick splits off to go save Katniss from being decapitated by a mutt and Rosalie moves to help Peeta who is lay on the ground with a mutt on top of him that has just bitten off his handcuffs. Once she stabs it through the chest she helps Peeta up and pushes him towards Cressida. The pair follow Pollux up the ladder whilst Rosalie continues to fight.

Katniss begins to climb the ladder but a mutt is about to kill her so Finnick launches his trident in her direction and kills it before it can touch her. Shortly behind her is Gale.

Now defenceless, with the exception of a knife, Finnick attempts to escape the mutts. Johanna's axe had gotten lost in the deep waters so she was depending on her knife too. Rosalie keeps striking the mutts with her spear as the trio make their way towards the ladder.

Johanna, being closest, climbs up first but two mutts jump up at her at the same time so Rosalie throws her spear at the two, watching the weapon dive straight through both their flesh as the creatures fall to the ground.

She and Finnick run for the ladder and, before she can even argue, Finnick's hands are on Rosalie's hip as he lifts her up onto the ladder. She begins to climb and looks back for a split second to see Finnick right behind her.

She climbs faster than she ever has before and almost reaches the top when she hears Katniss and Johanna yell his name.

She turns her head as he screams and she sees the fear on his face. Before she can even attempt to help him, she feels hands grab her arms and pull her up. She is pulled into Johanna's arms as she's lifted up by her and Katniss but she quickly pulls away and looks down.

She and Finnick make eye contact as she screams his name and the last thing she sees is Finnick forcing a pained smile onto his face as mutts cover his body.

As he screams in pain, Rosalie falls into Johanna's waiting arms. Johanna holds the girl tighter than she ever has before, tears streaming down the both of their faces.

Rosalie is only vaguely aware of Katniss muttering 'nightlock' three times before a wave of heat hits her face. His pained screams end, but she can still hear them.

Johanna lifts her to her feet and links her arm again to drag her along with her.

Momentarily, Rosalie forced herself to go back into soldier mode.

Peacekeepers shoot. A beam of light disintegrates Messalla. Running. Shooting. The ground breaks as rolls of sharp spikes appear. Running. Shooting. Peeta is on the ground holding his head. Katniss kisses him. They get up. Running.

Rosalie is only half aware of what's happening, all she knows is they're running.

An image of Finnick is showing on the screen in the street and she holds back a sob. Cressida is knocking on a door repeatedly until a woman answers and they all rush inside.

The woman, Cressida greets as 'Tigress', has tiger-like features, even whiskers, but Rosalie doesn't have the energy to assess the woman.

Gale runs through the building, checking to make sure it's clear.

The woman leads the group to a trap door at the back of the shop. A small smile appears on her face when Katniss tells the woman she's here to kill Snow.

The group walk down the metal stairs into the basement, Johanna helping support Rosalie. 

The entire area was rather large, littered with boxes and clothes. The room gets a little darker when the trapdoor is closed but there's still some light from a couple of lamps.

Pollux sobs quietly to himself, finally able to mourn the loss of his brother, whilst Cressida tries to attend to Gale's wounds.

Johanna and Rosalie slide down a wall and sit against it, both mourning someone close.

For Johanna, a great friend who was there for a joke in the hardest times, who had her back.

For Rosalie, her husband who loved her through the good and the bad, who always made her feel safe, who held her heart of gold and promised to protect it with his life.

Even now, in death, he would forever have her heart.