-31-

Mikel dresses Rosalie up in a white dress fading into brown. The material flowed gently with her movements. It represents one of President Snow's roses withering away to death.

Rosalie was sure Mikel could get in trouble for it but when she brought it up, he just said it was for the greater good. She hoped he'd be alright but could never be too sure with the President.

Chaff was wearing a white tuxedo with a brown vest and shoes. She walks out with Chaff but Finnick soon steals her away as Chaff just smiles, happily letting it happen.

"Hello Rosie," he genuinely smiles.

"Finnick, nice to see you wearing something," she smirks.

Finnick retorts back, "eyes are up here, love."

"Yeah but the abs are down there," she smiles back, the pair unaware of the Girl on Fire watching the interaction.

"Sugar cube?" he asks.

Rosalie nods and Finnick placed it on her stuck out tongue grinning. The sweet taste instantly filled the girls mouth. "Hey, come to the roof later? When it's dark," he whispers in her ear.

He smirks, knowing there will be cameras around, but Rosalie notices the serious look in his eyes so just nods with a smile.

"I'm gonna go pay the Girl on Fire a visit, you coming?" Rosalie shakes her head, not wanting to be near the girl with the bow. Finnick nods, understanding why, and kisses her on the cheek before leaving.

Finnick approaches the Girl on Fire, "Katniss."

She turns, a look of pure poison in her eyes making his smirk widen in amusement, "Hello, Finnick."

"Do you want a sugar cube?" He asked, feigning innocence. "You have Rose to blame for my love of them, they are tasty. Well, it's supposed to be for the horses, but I mean, who cares about them, right? They got years to eat sugar, whereas you and I.. well if we see something sweet, we better grab it."

"No thanks. But I would love to borrow that outfit someday." She says, getting irritated now.

"You look pretty terrifying in that getup. What happened to the pretty little girl dresses?" He mocks.

"I outgrew them," she starts to raise her voice.

"You certainly did. Shame about this Quell thing. Now, you, you could've made out like a bandit in the Capitol. Jewels, money, anything you wanted," he purposely provokes.

"Well I don't like jewels and I have more money than I need, so.. what did you do with all your wealth, anyway?"

"I haven't dealt with anything as common as money in years."

"Then how do people pay for the pleasure of your company?" She grits her teeth.

Finnick, hiding the way the comment affected him internally, steps forward to purposely annoy the girl further, "with secrets," he whispers, "what about you, Girl on Fire? Any secrets worth my time?"

"I'm an open book. Everybody always seems to know my secrets before I know them myself." She speaks, honestly.

"Unfortunately, I think that's true."

"Rose!" The pair looked over at the sudden shout to see Johanna throwing her arms around Rosalie who was laughing. Finnick smiles absentmindedly at the melodic sound.

The irritating male known as Finnick Odair who, just seconds ago, was annoying the shit out of Katniss Everdeen, had now turned his complete and undivided attention to the girl on the other side of the room. His sea-green eyes watching her protectively. Katniss herself couldn't take her eyes from the District 11 female Tribute. She admired the older girl, and always had. She'd lost a lot of people and still got up every morning, that alone showed her strength. She also knows the girl knew Rue, that she'd helped Rue and her family, that she'd taught Rue the four-note tune and sung her to sleep on bad nights. She knew, despite the mask she wore for the Capitol, the girl had a hidden heart of gold.

"Sorry you had to cancel the wedding, I know how devastating that must be for you," Finnick turns his attention back to Katniss as he pops a sugar cube in his mouth. He wishes her a good day, greets Peeta, and makes his way over to Rosalie and Johanna.

The chariots soon set off as drums were struck in the background.

Rosalie made eye contact with President Snow but she held her head higher. If this was the last time she'll see the man, she will not show respect, she will not surrender. She'll stand taller and fight back.