-50-

Finnick makes his way to meet with Coin, his mind racing for what it could be about.

When his fist knocks on the door, he is immediately let inside and offered a seat at the large table. He takes the one closest to the floor. The only other person there, other than Finnick and Coin, is one guard stood at the door. Usually Plutarch would be at her side but he's currently with Katniss.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" Finnick asks, mocking politeness as his impatience grows. He would much rather be with Rosalie than the President of District 13 right now.

"I need to discuss upcoming events with you." Coin announces, rather formally. "As you know, the victors have been rescued meaning we are now able to begin planning an attack to the Capitol. It's unknown as to how long it'll take us to get to that point but, for now, we'll need to start preparing."

"Preparing?" Finnick leans back in his chair.

"Yes, I will eventually want an elite team made of selected individuals. You, Mr Odair, are one of them. Along with Miss Rosalie May. So between now and then, she will need to be ready for combat and-"

"I'm sorry, hold on. You're asking me to make sure Rosalie is ready to fight in the Capitol even though she has just been taken from that same place after being tortured?" Finnick disliked Coin more and more every day.

"I can't give out too much special treatment, no matter the situation. Emotions cannot effect such major decisions," Coin says, face void of emotion.

"Look, I want her to recover for her own sake. If the time comes and she's not ready, she doesn't have to go," Finnick stands. "Have you thought about my request?"

Coin sighs, "I've decided to agree. You get an hour a day."

Finnick nods in respecting recognition, "anything else?"

"No, that's everything," she replies but Finnick is already halfway out the door by the time she's finished speaking.

Meanwhile, Rosalie sits cross legged on a cushioned bench outside of Katniss' hospital room.

"Okay, you start this time," Boggs says from where he is sat beside the girl.

"Hmm, window."

"Wall."

"Boring," she rolls her eyes. "Light."

Boggs thinks for a second before grinning, "trolley."

"Oooh, mean." Rosalie sighs, "Yellow flower?"

"Hmm. I'll allow it," Boggs decides. "Roof." Before Rosalie can answer, Boggs cuts her off, "and you can't say flower again!"

"Argh, come on Joseph," she smirks.

"Shhh," Boggs looks around, attempting to suppress a smile. "Don't let anyone hear you."

Rosalie allows herself to smile, "who else even knows?"

"President Coin. And that's only because it's on my records," the man replies.

"No, really?" Rosalie raised her eyebrow. "So no family?"

Joseph shakes his head, "I had a sister, her name was Jasmine. I called her Jazz. She died during the epidemic. You remind me of her."

"Is that why you pity me?" Rosalie inspects his face.

"I don't pity you," he answers honestly without hesitating. "Do I think you deserve better? Of course I do. But I don't pity you. I truly enjoy your company."

The smile that appeared on Rosalie's face was real, and Finnick's heart skipped a beat at the sight as he turned the corner. He sat behind Rosalie, who was sat at an angle to face Joseph Boggs, and wrapped his arms around her waist, planting a kiss between her neck and shoulder.

"Do I even wanna know what Coin wanted?" Rosalie turns down to look at the boy, whose pissed off expression was a good enough answer.

"You wanna get outta the hospital?" Finnick suggests.

"Sure, I just want to talk with Katniss first." Finnick nods, settling into his chair whilst Boggs excused himself.

Once Plutarch, Haymitch and Beetee exited Katniss' hospital room, Rosalie knocked once on the door before entering.

"Hey, can I talk to Katniss a minute?" she asks Prim who nods once she has checked with her sister.

Katniss just gives Rose a smile, still unable to speak. Rosalie takes a seat near Katniss' bed.

"Hey. I know you can't talk right now, and I know it's probably a sensitive topic, but I wanted to talk to you about Peeta, if that's okay with you." This seemed to peak Katniss' curiosity since the girl had personally been in the Capitol with him. Katniss blinks once, meaning 'yes'. "Don't give up on him. Please. I know it might seem like he gave up on you but he didn't, he really didn't. He tried to fight it, to remember you, he really wanted to. But after a while, it became too hard, too intense. I know he can get better, he's strong. And he loves you. But you're gonna have to be patient with him. Really patient."

Katniss takes in Rosalie's vulnerable voice and decided the girl is telling the complete and honest truth so she blinks once again, as if to say 'okay I will'. 

"Okay, thanks." Rosalie stands from the chair. "When you're better, feel free to come talk." She reached the door but turned back before leaving, "just don't give up on him."

Her feet automatically take her to Finnick who is still sat on the bench. He takes her hand in his as they walk to the hall where Coin is doing some speech about the Victor's.

They stand in the crowd as Coin walks forward towards the microphone, Finnick had his arm thrown protectively over Rosalie's shoulder.

"Good evening. Yesterday I authorised a covert rescue mission inside the Capitol. I am pleased to announce that the Victors have been liberated! Let this day mark a historical change. With the Mockingjay and the Victors beside us, we have sent a clear message to the Capitol. That we will never again endure injustice. Today, a day of which we reunited family, friends, and loved ones."

Finnick pulled Rosalie closer as he kissed the top of her head, a soft smile appearing on her lips as she looks up at him who is grinning like a child.

"Let all of Panem come together. Not to battle for the amusement of the Capitol. But to join hands in this fight. Let today be the day we promise never to give up, never to give in until we have made a new Panem, where leaders are elected, not imposed upon us. And where the districts are free to share the fruits of their labours and not fight one another for scraps!"

The people of thirteen make sounds of agreements throughout the speech.

"This new Panem is on the horizon. But we must take it for ourselves. The road there leads through the sharp mountains and deep ravines of District 2. There, in the heart of Panem's steepest mountain range lies the Capitol's principle military facilities. We can conquer this stronghold because we are one people, one army, one voice. Because today is our new beginning. Today we have freed the Victors. Tomorrow, Panem!"

No matter how much President Coin spoke of freedom, the pair of Victors couldn't help but see Snow when they looked at her.