-30-

Katniss and Peeta were lounging on the comfy, luxurious couches of their District's floor, whilst they waited for Haymitch to grace them with his drunken state. "I want you guys to forget everything you think you know about the Games. Last year was child's play. This year, you're dealing with all experienced killers."

"Alright, what does that mean for us?" Peeta asks Haymitch, eager for advice to help him keep the love of his life alive. The boy had his arm thrown over the couch behind his supposed lover.

"It means you're gonna have to have some allies," Haymitch sighs, eyeing the ever-so-difficult Girl on Fire.

"Okay," Peeta agrees instantly. "I think that if-"

Haymitch cuts him off, "Whoop. You're not the problem." He gestures to Katniss with his eyebrows raised, his way of saying she's the problem. The girl just replies with a simple 'no', causing Haymitch to roll his eyes in an irritated fashion. "Look, you're starting at a disadvantage. Most of these people have been friends for years. They've connected."

Despite his attempt at reasoning with the girl, she's adamant to disagree.

"That just puts us higher on their kill list," Katniss argues.

Haymitch gives up, knowing his own words will have little to no affect over the girl's decision on this matter. "Do it your own way, because I know you will, but I know these people. You go it alone, their first move is gonna be to hunt you down. Both of you." The thought of Peeta's life being in danger too gets some of her attention.

"Katniss, come on," Peeta pleads.

Katniss thinks for a moment, "How could any of us even trust each other?"

"It's not about trust. It's about staying alive," Haymitch suppressed his smirk at how easily Peeta was able to adjust the girl's thoughts.

Haymitch talks the outsiders through the different Victors, or Tributes. Starting with District one and ending with District eleven.

The screen shows a pair of blonde siblings. "Cashmere and Gloss. Brother and sister. District 1. They won back-to-back Games. Capitol favourites. Lots of sponsors. They will be lethal. And the other half of the Career Pack, Brutus and Enoboria."

"What's with her teeth?" Katniss questions.

The female victor had razor sharp teeth as she smirked at the camera.

"She had them filed into fangs so she could rip peoples throats out," Haymitch replies casually.

"She's committed I'll give her that," Peeta mutters, feeling nervous at the animalistic behaviour. It was almost as if she literally was a predator and he was the weak prey.

Wiress glances at the sky above her as if distracted whilst Beetee merely pushes his glasses further up his nose.

"Wiress and Beetee. Not fighters, but brilliant. And weird. Real tech-savvy. He won his games by electrocuting six Tributes at once. She won by being one step ahead at all times."

The screen changes again, showing two rather nervous looking victors who seemed to be shaking with either nerves or as an aftermath from their drugs.

"The Morphlings. Masters of camouflage. Basically won their games by hiding until everyone else was dead. Self-medicating ever since. Which I applaud. Not a threat."

The screen switches to show the fine specimen from 4 in all his glory.

Katniss notices the man, "Finnick Odair, right?"

"Yes he won his games at 14. Youngest ever. Extremely humble." Haymitch jokes.

"You're kidding." Katniss says, unamused.

"Yes, I'm kidding. He's an absolute peacock. A total preener." Haymitch mockingly flicks his hair, "But he's the Capitol darling. They love him here. The ultimate favourite Victor, and most popular with the chicks. Charming, smart, and very skilled at combat. Especially in water."

"What about weaknesses?" Peeta asks, trying to feel less intimidated by the Victor's resume.

"Two. Mags. She volunteered for a friend of Finnick's, the redhead, Annie," the screen shows Annie Cresta, a younger girl with soft ginger hair, sobbing and Mags, an elderly woman who stood on shaky legs, bravely stepping forward and raising her hand whilst pointing to herself as she volunteered. "Mags was his mentor and practically raised him. If he's trying to protect her in any way, it exposes him."

"A guy like that has to know she's not gonna make it," Katniss says.

"Well, Katniss, I just hope when she goes, she goes quickly. She's actually a wonderful lady."

"What about his second weakness?" Peeta asks, getting back on track from Katniss' characteristically insensitive remark. 

"Rosalie May."

"District 11, right?" Katniss questions, remembering the mention of the name from her young ally the year prior.

"Yes, along with another good friend of mine, Chaff. She can be both a strength and a weakness to him. If needed, he'd do anything to protect her. But she doesn't exactly need his protection. Together, they are strong. Trust me, you'd rather have them on your side than hunting you down. She's another Capitol favourite. The Capitol Flower, as they like to call her."

"This is the Hunger Games, I bet when it really comes down to it, he won't protect her." Katniss says.

"Don't underestimate them Katniss," Haymitch warns, slightly irritated by her insensitivity towards his friends and fellow victors who have also had to struggle with the life of a victor the past few years. "Besides, if she was to go, I'd hope she, too, went quickly. She's felt enough pain to last a lifetime," Haymitch spoke fondly of the girl. Chaff only ever had good things to say about her and the few times they've met, he always enjoys her presence.

That was his last sentence before leaving the two to talk things over. His words had puzzled Katniss, causing her interest to rise about the District 11 Victor, Rosalie May.