anxiety

Walker's POV:

My best friend has PTSD, she freaks out when someone says things that scare her or she hears guns going off, or cop sirens but I didn't find out this until now.

I was walking home with her when a cop car passed us with the sirens going off. I kept walking but she froze like her feet were clued to the ground "Y/n, you okay?'' I asked but she didn't say anything. She started hyperventilating and tears going down her face and I got worried.

"I can't breathe," she said gasping for air and I dropped my backpack to the ground rushing to her as she seemed to get pale. 

"Y/n! What is happening?!" I said holding her and she gripped the back of my shirt "I can't breathe" she kept saying I panicked "Okay look me in the eyes and count to 10" I said cupping her face but she said to me "I tried that already" as she was gasping.

I saw the fear in her eyes I thought she might hate me for this but she wasn't looking any better so I pulled her in by her face and kissed her whipping the tears off her cheek.

I felt her holding her breath and her heart race but as well slow down I thought she was going to pull away but she brought me closer to her "Please don't let me go" she whispered as she buried her face in my shoulder.

"I would never let you go" I reassured her as I hugged her back scared about the thought of those panic attacks getting worse.

I walked her home but I wouldn't say I liked the thought of leaving her so I asked if I could stay the night, and she agreed. That night she explained why she gets those panic attacks so I held her the whole night making her feel safe.

In my arms, she asked "Walker?" I hummed "What are we now?'' I looked down at her as she played with my bracelet " what do you want us to be?'' I asked hoping she would answer what I wanted her to say. I never wanted to push her into things.

"I think I would like us to be a couple," she said kissing my cheek and I melted "I thought you would never say that," I said planting a kiss on her forehead.

Ever since that attack she had I have been there and now they aren't even happening anymore she went into a cop car as the sirens were going off and didn't have any panic attacks.

A/n: kinda cute!