The prom playlist

A/n: Thx again to @AyumiTakagashi for all the ideas shout out to them again!! I'll have you know I have never been to a real high school I'm homeschooled so I have never been to prom...so I'll try my best to write this from all the overly dramatic movies I've seen! if you have an idea you'd like to see in a chapter leave a comment! I'll shout out to you and I'll apologize now if I don't get to it right away!

I was in my room making a bunch of playlists for literary every situation out there with my best friend Walker. We are sharing our playlist to see which songs would fit them. we did this quite often but tonight was different and I blame Walker for it.

"So did you hear about the whole PROM thing?'' he asked as he was sitting with his back to my bed frame as I sat on my bed "Yeah, but you know how I feel about prom," I said to him feeling uncomfortable just a little bit "Umm no I don't, please do tell," he asked and I sighed.

"Do you know that one scene for Ten Things I Hate About You where Kat is explaining Prom? well, I agree with her that it is some weird modern mating ritual that is overly popularized and nothing like the way in the movies" I explained a way to into detail.  

he sat himself on the edge of my bed "Or is it maybe cause no one asked you yet?'' he questioned with a smug smile "Oh I'm sorry that I'm not like you, you know the kids go to choice unlike you" I said playfully pushing his face away with my hand.

"Why you ask?'' I said to him as he fixed himself and he sighed like he had been eating butterflies instead of Butter toast.  "Well...I was thinking we could go together...?" he said softly and I was ready to curl up into a ball and cry, or die, or both.

"Like that weird Milo Manheim and Peyton Elizabeth Lee movie on Disney Plus that had way too many unPg things in it? " I had been watching WAY too many things lately and he said to me "Yeah...like that" he sounded sad but I couldn't tell if he was just messing around.

"Umm, sure... I guess I'll go with you" he smiled but I didn't know what to wear so that night I laid in bed listening to the playlist we made called 'Overthinking' and thought about pretty much every teenage movie I had ever seen thinking about all the ways this can go bad or good.

The next mourning I looked through my closet I paused when I saw a hanger with a closed bag on it with a note on it 'In case you wanna go to the ritual, Love mom'  and i opened it and it was a beautiful dress that was in my favorite color and was covering my shoulders I'm kidding it was cut over the shoulders and it had a belt that the center was a gold heart.

I got ready for the prom all day as I facetime Leah, Dior, and Mcgenna the whole time. They kept saying how pretty or beautiful I was but I never took complaints well. My dad was getting his protective dad speech ready for Walker when would come to pick me up. 

I heard my mom shout that he was at the door so I came down the stairs feeling like a freak with the way I was overthinking but Walker's reaction was priceless. His mouth was almost all the way to the ground and he was frozen in place as his face was redder than the girl's lipstick we would see. I came over and hugged him as he hugged me tightly he handed me those bracelets made of flowers but they were my favorite flowers.

FAST FORWARD:

we were at the dance room or the gym that was covered in it's own makeup and the kids were having a blast and then Walker pulled me onto the dance floor "CAREFUL! I'M WEARING HEELS!!!" I squealed as he danced around me like a weirdo but I joined him and it felt like we were dancing the whole time.

Then I heard the DJ playing a slow-dance playlist but what caught my attention was that it was made by Walker "When did you make this?'' I asked in shock and he replied taking my hands into his "Since I've been crushing on you" he said softly and I smiled like Marinette from Ladybug whenever she was around Aidren.

He placed his hands on my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck as we swayed to the song and it felt like the world drowned out cause all I could hear was Walker.

I kissed him when the beat dropped and he looked like he had been to heaven and back in a whole millisecond and it was the best night of my entire life, did I tell my dad that I kissed Walker, I may have left that part out but it was only to keep Walker alive!