Chapter forty-five

A/N: Finally, an update from me! Sorry to keep you waiting.

Are you ready for this chapter? Make sure to fasten your seat belt because it'll be a bumpy ride...

Happy reading :)

____________________________

Chapter forty-five

Andrea opened her lids slowly and stretched her arms only to hear a groan. She forgot that Ryder was sleeping beside her and accidentally smacked his face with her hand. "I'm sorry." She sat up and looked at his face for the damage she had done.

"I'm fine, nothing serious." He assured her and shot her a big, sincere smile. "Good morning." He greeted.

"Good morning." She replied and smiled back because Ryder's grin was contagious. "What time is it?" She wondered.

Ryder checked his phone on the bedside table and it read 9:17 am. Instead of saying the time to her, he showed her the phone and she nodded. "I'm sorry you're missing class because of me." He apologized.

"Like you care if I attend class. Last time I checked, you were the first one to drag me away from school." She reminded him causing Ryder to chuckle. 

"I do influence many people." He bragged like it was the greatest thing he'd ever done.

"Yeah, bad influence." She said as they both laughed. "Which reminds me, our deal is almost off."

"Deal? What deal?" Ryder asked with furrowed eyebrows. He was trying to think of any deal they might have made lately but couldn't think of one. 

"I mean, I'm almost done being your slave, remember Mr. Lucky Student?" She mentioned and it finally clicked in Ryder's head. The Tradition was almost over. He couldn't believe how much have happened already. 

"That's right, May's almost done." He said taking her hand and played with it with his.

"Yup, that means that I am no longer your slave." She said smugly. 

"I still have a few days, slave." He teased. 

"Yeah, but it's only valid in school." She reasoned out.

"Then I guess you'll be seeing me in school for the next few days." 

"Ryder!" She warned smacking his arms and he rubbed it soothingly and laughed. 

"I was kidding, relax." 

"The doctor said that you should rest. You weren't even suppose to drive." 

"I'm sorry, I was just teasing you."

"Maybe we should go." She suggested. "My parents must be worried." She suddenly remember that her parents didn't know where she was and she forgot to text them last night because she was so tired.

"Don't worry, I texted your mom that you were with me. She said it was fine as long as I bring you home in one piece and still a virgin." He teased once again earning another punch from Andrea. Ryder laughed causing Andrea to laugh along with him.

"Let's go!" She urged pulling him up from the bed.

~ * ~ * ~

"Everyone's ready boss." A middle-aged man said with his head bowed. 

"Just make sure this plan doesn't fail. Because if it does, I'll make sure that you and everyone else will not come out alive." Jason threatened and dismissed him. The man hurriedly exit the room in fear and horror. 

~ * ~ * ~ 

Someone rang the doorbell and Steven was surprised. Nobody came to visit them. Not since the crew ended their friendship with him when Ryder prohibited them from befriending him. So hearing the doorbell ring astonished him. He slowly made his way to the door and peeked on the peep hole. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked Rina as soon as he opened the door.

"Hello to you too." Rina greeted as she pushed pass him and made her way to the living room. She remembered where everything was in Steven's house. It was practically her house too since she did grew up with Steven. 

"Does your brother know you are here?" He questioned following after her.

"Are your parents home?" She asked him ignoring his question.

"No, now answer me. Does Ryder know you are here?" He asked impatiently.

"I came here for a reason, Steven. And I think you know what I'm talking about." She announced causing Steven to sighed. 

"Look, Rina... I just don't want you to get involve-"

"He's my twin, Steven! I think I'm allowed to get involve!" She retorted as Steven exasperatedly ran his hands on his face.  

"Rina, cut it out, okay? If you have no other reason why you're here, you can leave because I am not going to tell you anything." He declared earning a growl of frustration from Rina.

"Why can't you tell me, Steven?! Why are you keeping this away from me?!" She screamed in resentment. 

"I'm just trying to protect you, Rina. Please, just let it be." He calmly said trying to soothe her with his smooth voice. Then the doorbell rang again earning another surprised look from Steven. 'Who could it be?' He wondered as he made his way towards the door and opened it forgetting to peek through the peep hole because he was too frustrated from his earlier conversation with Rina. 

A man with a scar on his left brow came face to face with Steven. He was completely bald but he did have some facial hair. He was dangerously holding a pocket knife in his hand and Steven could see the lower part of the pistol peeking on his back pocket. 

Steven's heart was pounding against his chest and he started sweating. His instinct started kicking in and he quickly shut the door closed but the man prevented him from fully closing it. Then Steven saw Rina making her way towards him with an odd look in her eyes. 

"Run, Rina! Run!" Steven screamed and Rina was completely frozen looking between Steven and the man behind the door. 

"What's going on?" She asked in horror.

"Go, Rina!" He commanded and Rina was alert and quick on her feet as she ran to the back door. She was about to open it but she saw another man and a scream fell from her lips. Steven was alerted by her scream and panicked. "Rina?!" He dreadfully yell. 

She scrambled on her feet and made her way to the basement. She tried to find another escape but to no avail. There were no doors in the basement except a door that led to a room. She quickly entered the room and tried to find a place to hide. Then she found a closet in the bathroom and squeezed herself in. Her breath was staggered and tears started pouring from her eyes but she had to stay quiet. 

Steven couldn't hold the door any longer because another man came and tried to push it open. With his last might, the door flew open and he quickly made distance between him and the men. The guy who greeted him on the door pointed his gun at him. Three more guys entered the house and the man pointing the guy at Steven spoke. "Find her." He dangerously commanded as the three guys hurriedly wandered around the house to find Rina.

Steven was glaring at the man but at the same time praying that Rina was safe. They were glaring at each other until a sound of shuttering glass broke through the silence. Steven took that opportunity to fight the man and pulled the gun out of his grip. Then he punched the guy repeatedly until he knew he was unconscious. 

He carefully made his way towards the basement where he saw Rina run off to and kept the gun in his hand. He was careful not to make any noise to keep the other man from coming. He was slowly descending down the stairs when someone smacked his head with the back of a gun and he tumbled down the stairs. Everything went black from then on.