Chapter twenty-six

A/N: I know, I haven't updated for so long! But here's Ch. 26.

This is a scene of the Collin family together.
_______________________

Chapter twenty-six

When Ryder arrived home, Rina was watching T.V. switching the channels. He placed his bag on the couch beside Rina and went to the kitchen. He grabbed a soda and went back to the living room.

"Mom called." Rina said all of a sudden.

"Wow, you're actually talking to me." Ryder replied sarcastically.

"Yeah, well, I've got no choice." She muttered under her breath.

"So what did she say?"

"Huh?" Rina asked completely clueless. She must have forgotten what they were talking about.

"Mom. What'd she say?" Ryder asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh, she called to ask if I was settling in and she also called to invite us over for dinner tonight." She informed him switching the T.V. off.

"Is dad there?" Ryder asked not wanting to see his father. They were never in good terms and he didn't want his day to be ruined by his forceful father.

"Probably, it's his house too, you know?" She answered.

He let out a sigh and nodded his head. "Alright, we'll go. But for the sake of mom." He decided drinking his soda.

"Great, I'll go get ready." She said going up to her bedroom to take a shower and change.

Ryder sighed an plopped himself down the couch. He put his feet up in the centre table and drank his soda in peace and quiet, until his phone started ringing.

He looked at the caller ID and it was Scott. He must have called to ask where he disappeared to.

"What's up, Scott?"

"What's up?!" Scott huffed. "Dude, you totally ditched school for that nerd!" He hissed causing something inside of Ryder to boil in anger.

"Don't call her that!" Ryder said through gritted teeth.

"What, it's true! Come on, Ryder, that girl was a nobody until that stupid tradition. Are you honestly starting to like her?" Scott screamed.

"You're seriously asking me that question? Last time I check, it's none of your business. And you were even supportive before, what happened then?" Ryder said full of anger. He couldn't believe that his best friend was questioning him.

"Do you hear yourself, Ryder?!" Scott retorted. "Since when did you get all defensive about a girl besides Jaime?"

"Don't you bring her to this!" Ryder warned in a threatening voice.

"Move on, Ryder! We all know she did, with Steven!"

"SHUT UP!" Ryder yelled his eyes bloodshot. He was boiling in anger and anytime soon he will explode like a hot volcano. "Just shut your freaking mouth." He said in a more calmer voice.

There was a pause between them. Scott knew that when Ryder was pissed he would throw a tantrum and it won't end too well.

Scott let out a sighed and calmed himself down. "Look man, we've been best friends since forever. I know you too well and I don't want you to get hurt just because of a girl, again. I'm concern for you. All I'm saying is that you made a promise. A promise to me and to yourself. Remember, 'Racing first, Love second.' Your words, not mine. Don't give Paulo another thing to lecture you about and threaten you to take you out of the championship." He said hanging up the phone.