Chapter twenty-eight

The whole day Andrea had been dodging Ryder and he didn't know why. But he knew it had something to do with what she and Mr. Dee had discussed during class. Ryder was sitting lazily on his chair and he couldn't wait for the bell to ring. Finally, the weekend was about to come.

Which meant, RACING!

He couldn't wait, it was his first race for the season. He was so excited to win and go to the championship. There was nothing more he wanted but to win this season. He was the champion for the last two seasons and he couldn't wait to win another one.

He was a little nervous though, because Pablo said that this season he really got some competition. Apparently, the guy he was competing was the national champion in the Country. Since the guy heard how good Ryder was, he decided to race him and show him his place when it comes to racing.

Ryder was lost in his thought and he didn't even recognize that the bell had already rang.

"Are you going, Ryder? I have to lock up the room?" The teacher asked thoughtfully as she stacked her books and paperwork.

"I zoned out, I'll be going." He said making his way out as the teacher nodded in response.

When he was walking to his locker to grab his books, he saw Andrea in the corner of his eyes talking to Steven. Oh, how he hated that guy.

He quickly put his stuff away and grabbed the books that he thought he needed and silently closed his locker. He walked to the closest locker near Andrea's and hid behind it. He figured he might as well eavesdrop.

"So you're just going to ignore him?" Steven asked her as she placed her books and binders in her locker.

"Steve, I just... I don't know what to do." She explained not even giving him a glance.

He let out a sigh. "You can't ignore him forever, Andrea."

"I know, but, I don't know what I'm feeling. He keeps giving me mixed signals. I mean, one second he tells me he likes me and kiss me, and then after a moment he ignores me again like nothing has been happening. I just, I don't want to get hurt." She stated looking Steven dead in the eye.

Ryder suddeny froze from where he was standing. He did like her. He didn't think that he was giving her mixed signals that he might not like her. Maybe she thought that he was ignoring her this morning. He just wanted her to greet him first. He was shy, and that was something that doesn't happen very often.

"If you think that's a great idea, then I'll support you. Just tell me if you need anything."

"Thanks." She mumbled shutting her locker door closed. "So, what about you and Rina?" She suddenly asked catching him off guard. Even Ryder's body tensed from hearing his sister's name.

"Wh-what about her? We're friends. Best friends." Steven stated laughing nervously. Was he that obvious?

"That's... it?" Andrea questioned him thoughtfully.

"Yeah, best friends." He said hesitantly.

"Then why do you look at her like you're madly in love with her?" Andrea asked causing both Steven and Ryder to froze to where they were standing. Ryder couldn't wrap in his head that Steven might have feelings for his sister. He didn't want that especially after what he did to him. He would never trust his sister with him.

Steven thought of an excuse and he was trying to find a hole to get him out of this conversation. He didn't want Andrea to know his true feelings for Rina. In fact, he didn't want anyone to know.

" I... um... I do not!" He said stubbornly like a child.

Andrea laughed at his attempt of lying to her but she knew too well that Steven definitely did love Rina. She could tell by the way his eyes glowed and sparkled whenever he sees her.

"You sure?" She asked once again with a smirk plastered on her face.

"I'm very sure." He answered with an uneasy look on his face.

"Come on, Steven, just admit it. You love her!" She persuaded him trying to push the subject.

"So what if I do?" He suddenly asked catching Ryder off guard. That a**hole loved his sister. There was no freaking way he was going to allow them to be together.

"So you do love her!" Andrea screamed and squaled like a little girl. She jumped and clapped her hands in joy and Ryder's lips twitched upwards just by the sight of seeing her smile. " When are you going to tell her?"

"Never!" He declared causing Andrea to stop jumping for joy. He grabbed her arm and they started walking towards the school doors. "C'mon, we have to go."

"Wait, never? As in..." She asked stopping them from walking. Steven let out a sigh of annoyance and ran a hand through his hair.

"Never! As in not in a million years or the day I die."

"Why not?" Andrea pouted like a kid.

"Because Andrea, this is not a fairytale. I can't just tell her I love her and live happily ever after. This is real life and there's no such thing as being sweep off of your feet by your prince charming. If I tell her I love her, it could ruin our frienship. And what's even worse, I know that Rina and Ryder would argue about me and that is something I don't ever wanna happen. I don't want to ruin their relationship because of me. I'm not worth it." He explained and Andrea finally shut up as his words processed in her mind.

Ryder was standing there processing his words as well. He knew that Steven still cared for him. They were, after all, best friends. He suddenly felt sorry for him but Steven still betrayed him and he could never forgive him for that. Never.

_______________________

A/N: What do you think Ryder feels about this?
Rina and Steven? Good match or no?!

Read and find out.....