Chapter twelve

A/N: Picture of Rina Collins on the side --- >>>

_______________________

Chapter twelve

Beep beep beep beep beep...

Ryder let out a groan and literally punched the snooze button. He rubbed his eyes and let out a yawn. He sat up and let out a sigh.

Monday morning a.k.a. the worst morning. It was the time of the day were you wish you could just stay in bed and oversleep. If you think that was bad, it isn't! You also have to get ready for school and attend all your boring classes.

Well, not for Ryder! Why? Because he has his own rules. Since he was the 'lucky student' he usually skips his first class, which was Music. He likes music but he just didn't want to go to class. He thinks it's useless and he might not use it for the future.

It was already ten o'clock and school started an hour ago. Ryder arose from his bed and went to get ready for school. He took a bath, brush his teeth, get dressed, and of course, put on some of his cologne that made the girls swoon over him.

***

When he arrived at school, he was greeted by Scott, who was patiently waiting for him. They went to their usual hiding spot which was in one of the abandon science classroom. Nobody ever uses it anymore because it needed a really good renovation to bring it back.

Scott passed him some cigarette and Ryder lit it up bringing the stick to his lips. He breathed in and blow out a puff of smoky air.

"So, what happened yesterday?" Scott asked eyeing Ryder. He knew Ryder did something to stop Steven and Andrea from their date. When Ryder wants something, he usually gets it so Scott was not surprise by any of his stupid actions.

Ryder let out a sigh and shot him a death glare. "Why do you care?" He asked annoyingly.

"Oh, I don't." Scott shrugged. "I just want to know incase the crew ask me about it."

"They're not going to ask because they don't know anything." Then Ryder's gaze came back to Scott and gave him the look that says Don't-Tell-Me-You-Told-Them? "Unless... Someone told them!" He accused.

"I didn't." Scott let out a chuckle. "I haven't even talk to them since Friday."

"Good, then we have no problem!" Ryder smirked.

"Problem about what?" A high-pitched voice asked entering the door. She had blonde hair and does familiar blue eyes. Scott rose from his seat and run up to her.

"Rina!" Scott yelled excitedly pulling him into a tight hug. Rina let out a fits of giggle and hugged Scott back.

"Well, I'm glad someone misses me." She said glancing at Ryder as they pulled back from the hug. "I knew I would find you guys here. You never change, have you?"

"Rina, what are you doing here? I thought you were in Australia." Ryder asked furrowing his eyebrows together. Rina knew he was serious since the corner of his lips weren't even curved up.

"Yeah, what happened to school?" A follow up question from Scott was next to be said.

"Actually, I finished school a little bit early so they said I can take a break from school. So, here I am!" She chirped.

"What about dad? Does he know you're here?"

"If he didn't, would you think I would still be alive by now." Rina teased keeping her smile on her face.

"Touché." Ryder said finally shooting her his billion-dollar smile. "Now come here and give your brother some love." He commanded opening his arms for her.

Rina laughed but gave his brother a bone-crushing hug anyway. She missed him so much she literally cried to sleep at her first year in Australia. It had been three years since she last saw him.

Sure, Rina visited during vacation and some holidays with them, but she stopped visiting two years ago when she started grade 11. She said she had to focus on her studies so she refuses to go home and visit her family.

"So, what is this 'problem' you were talking about?" Rina asked pulling away from the hug.

"None of your business. You're always nosy, aren't you?" Ryder smirked as Rina playfully glared at him.

"You say it like it's a bad thing."

"Because it is."

"Alright you two, stop with the playful bickering. So, Rina," Scott started changing the subject. "How long will you be staying here?"

"Well, I have to go back before graduation starts. I still need to get my diploma and of course, I wanna spend the last day of high school with my friends there." She explained.

"Well what about your very, very close friends here?" Scott asked exaggerating the word 'friends' but she knew he was teasing her.

"You have me for the rest of the summer before I go back and spend another four years in college." She stated. "So you guys are still ditching class, huh?"

"Some people just never change." Scott smirked as Rina laughed by his comment.

"I can tell. So, lunch still starts at eleven thirty?" She asked the guys and they both nodded. "Great, then we have fifteen minutes left before I see the crew again." She stated.

~ * ~ * ~

When the bell rang indicating lunch, Andrea couldn't be more happier. Finally, that dreadful class they called French was finally over. Sure, she was a nerd and she was suppose to love every class. But sometimes, teachers could be so boring and cruel at the same time.

She went to her locker and put her books neatly. When she was done, she closed her locker shut and went straight to the cafeteria. She bought two slices of pizza, orange juice, and some fruit salad.

After she paid, she scanned the whole cafeteria. It was funny how cliche her school was. All the tables seemed to have their group names in it. The populars, nerds, geeks, goths, jocks and cheerleaders, and of course, the normal crowd.

Andrea found an empty table at the corner so she decided to sit there. She might be a nerd but she never really hang around them. She likes being independent and alone so she never really had friends.

She placed her tray on the table and started eating her pizza. She was so oblivious of her surrounding she didn't even notice Steven was seating across from her.

"Why so lonely?" He asked as he started eating some pasta. "Where's your friends?"

"I got none." Andrea answered shrugging her shoulder like it was no big deal. Steven stared at her but she just shot him a tight smile and went back to eating her pizza.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad." He apologized.

"I'm fine, Steven." She smiled. "Besides, there are more important things in the world to worry about than worrying about having friends." She told him.

"But friends are not suppose to worry you. They're suppose to make you feel better."

"I'm use to being alone. Ever since I was a kid, I've always been the loner." She admitted. "This is what I get for being a nerd. And of course, nobody wants to hang out with a nerd." She laughed bitterly.

"That's not true." Steven retorted.

"Steven, don't get all work up. Don't worry about me, I'm fine."

There was silence between the two of them and Andrea didn't know what else to say. After a few more seconds of eating their lunch in peace, Steven decided to talk.

He put on the biggest grin he could ever have in his face and stick out his hand. "Hi, my name is Steven. I was thinking, maybe we can be friends." He suddenly said causing Andrea to burst into fits of laughter.

"Hi, I'm Andrea." She introduced shaking his hand. She figured, why not go along with it? "But you wouldn't want to be my friend. I'm a nerd!" She said still smiling fixing her eyeglasses.

"Well guess what? I don't care if you're a nerd. I just want to have a real friend that I can count on." Steven continued.

Andrea's face turned all serious and she knew Steven wasn't playing anymore. She knew he was more than serious than ever. "You're being serious now, are you?" Andrea asked.

The smile on Steven's lips faded and his expression turned into a serious one as well. "Yes, Andrea. I really do want to be your friend." He honestly answered. "What do you say? Friends?" Steven asked sticking his hand out to seal the friendship.

Andrea thought about it. She never really had any friends, but she guess it wouldn't hurt to have one. Especially the kind of person like Steven would be a really great friend. He was kind, nice, and understanding.

"Fine, friends." Andrea finally said shaking his hand. Steven had the biggest smile he could ever muster causing Andrea to giggle.

"How does it feel having a friend?"

"Pretty good." She replied as they both started laughing. Andrea was actually laughing she never experience the feeling of being so happy before. She was glad Steven was there for her.