Chapter thirty-six

Chapter thirty-six

"Are you sure you're feeling okay? Are you sure that nothing hurts?" Andrea asked Ryder for the zillionth time.

"Yes, I'm fine. Andrea, please stop worrying. The doctor had checked on me already. You have nothing to be worried about, alright?" He assured as he pulled her to the bed and crushed her to a tight hug.

"Okay, I just wanna make sure that you're totally fine."

"I'm totally fine. And what about you? What happened to you?" He asked as she faced him.

"What do you mean?"

"The car accident? What happened to you? Are you okay?" He asked concern leaking through his voice.

"I'm alright. The doctor did some tests on me and they actually discharged me today. I came to visit you this afternoon when all of a sudden, you started to shake. You have no idea how much you scared me." She scold at him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I worried you too much." He apologized sincerely.

"Not only me, mister. You scared everyone. We thought something bad happened to you." She said as tears brimmed in her eyes.

"No, please don't cry. It really doesn't matter, right? What matter is that I'm all fine now." He said soothingly as he started rubbing her cheek with his thumb. "You wanna know something?"

"What?" She questioned tilting her chin up.

"You're the reason I'm awake right now." He admitted as a grin formed on his lips.

"H-how?" She asked in bewilderment.

"I heard you." He confessed as Andrea's eyes widened in surprise and her mouth agape.

"Y-you did?" Flabbergasted was the only expression she had on her face.

"Yes, starting from 'Hey Ry, how you feeling today?' all the way to 'Stay strong, my love. Please wake up.'" He said mimicking her voice.

"I do not sound like that." She complained hitting his arm playfully. Ryder let out a chortle and grabbed her hand. He stared and played at it as he talked.

"The only reason I'm awake right now, is because I heard you confess how you really feel about me." He then looked up to meet her eyes and all he could see was love flashing through her eyes. "I heard you say the three words that I've been dying to hear from someone who is very special to me. I knew then that I couldn't give up. I couldn't die without saying how I feel." He said boring his grey eyes to her own ones.

"Andrea Lyse Carson, I love you too." He confessed wholeheartedly. Tears once again brimmed in her eyes as she beamed back at him. "I want you to know that you are right. It might be very cliché for a bad boy like me to fall for the nerd, but I can't help it. The nerd's too darn adorable. She makes me nervous and get my palms all sweaty. She brings butterflies to my stomach whenever she's too close. She makes me feel as if there's electricity passing through whenever we touch. She drives me crazy. In a very good way." He said as tears rolled down Andrea's cheeks. She was completely speechless. He wiped her tears with his thumb and slowly brought his lips to hers.

He kissed her softly yet passionately and released her lips quickly as disappointment and emptiness washed over her when he pulled away. But that was completely forgotten when he uttered his next words. "I have no idea how, but the nerd, Andrea Lyse Carson, stole Ryder Eliot Collins, the bad boy's heart. I love you, Andrea."

"I love you too, Ryder." She sniffed as he pulled her into another passionate kiss, but this time, he kissed her longer.

Suddenly someone cleared their throat causing the two to pull away from each other. There stood James, Karen, John, and Daphne by the door. Karen and Daphne had huge grins on their faces while James had a raised eyebrow and John's eyes held shock in them.

"Not so fast, bad boy." James, Andrea's father, warned.

"Sorry, sir." Ryder apologized as he released Andrea's waist. She awkwardly stood from the bed and made her way to Karen.

"Oh my baby!" Daphne exclaimed as she pulled Ryder into a tight embrace. She repeatedly kissed his temple as he blushed in embarrassment.

"Mom? Mom, please stop it!" He said as he tried pulling away from her. "Mom!"

"I'm sorry, did I hurt you, huh?" She asked as she checked his arm then his face for any damage. "Does anything hurt? Are you in pain? Do you want me to call the doctor-"

"Mom, mom, mom." He said calmly. "I'm fine, okay? I'm alright. The doctor checked on me already and he said I'm doing fine. You have nothing to worry about, okay?" He assured her.

"Oh, I'm so glad my baby's all fine." She said once again as she kissed his temple.

"Seriously mom, you're embarrassing me." He muttered earning some chuckles from John and the Carson family.

"Oh, sorry hon." Daphne apologized sheepishly and went back to John's side.

"I'm glad you're okay, son." His father said and Ryder nodded in response.

"Did you buy our food?" Andrea asked her mother. Karen handed her a plastic bag with two take-out styrofoam in it. She took both of them out and pulled the built-in table on the hospital bed out. She carefully placed the Chinese food on the table and took a seat on the bed facing Ryder.

"We'll let you two eat. We'll be outside." Daphne said as they left the room. However, Rina, Steven and Scott replaced them and entered the room.

"Hey, I'm so glad you're okay." Rina beamed hugging her brother.

"Yeah bro, you had us all worked up and worried. You almost gave Andrea a heart attack." Scott stated.

"Sorry about that. I didn't mean to worry all of you." Ryder apologized.

"It's good to see that you're fine." Steven butted in shooting Ruder a small smile. Ryder's lips quickly turned into frown before his expression changed to bewilderment. Everyone's attention was now turned to them as they felt the tension risen up in the room.

Steven had felt the tension between them too and he decided to just leave. "Well, I'll be heading out now." He announced to everyone. "Call me if you need anything." He said turning his attention to Rina before he left.

As soon as the door closed, the tension slowly decreased. However, Rina was sending daggers at her twin brother. "You didn't have to be such a jerk, Ryder." She scold at him.

"I didn't even say anything!" He retorted.

"Yeah, but your expression says it all. The poor guy stayed by your side the entire time you were asleep. For six days he'd been here with me watching over you night after night. The least you could have done was thank him." Rina informed him.

"I didn't ask him to watch over me!"

"What did he ever do to you, Ry? He's trying so hard to make up with you. Why can't you just stop being so darn stubborn and accept his apology?" She asked more calmly and gently.

"Rina, let's not talk about this, please." He begged rubbing his forehead with his fingers.

"Whatever. I'm glad you're awake." She said as she left the room shutting the door behind.

Scott and Andrea glanced at each other as they felt the tension increased. Ryder ran a hand through his disheveled hair and let out a tired sigh.

_____________________________________
A/N: What did u think about this chapter? Ryder finally said the L word to her! Yay for the both of them!

And what about that Steven moment? Do you think they should become friends again?

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!