70.3K 1.9K 917

winter's p.o.v

I walk towards my locker, frowning when I notice Gemma Hill leaning against it with a confident smirk on her face. My heart races as I walk up to my locker, watching as she moves out of the way so I can open it. It takes me a good minute to finally open my locker, my hands shaking in worry. 

As I hold the door to the side, I try to calm my raging heart down by breathing normally, or, at least try to. Since the door is blocking out Gemma, I can only hide my head in my locker for so long until Gemma does something. There is never a time she just stands there to stare at me. I'm obviously going to have to deal with her.

I grab the book that I need for my next class and fight the urge to just scream like a siren and run away, avoiding anyone and everyone. I close the locker door, looking to my left to notice that Gemma isn't standing there. I can't help but smile. I turn around and stop, my smiling falling off of my face faster that the snap of my fingers. Gemma stands there with her group of friends from the cheer leading squad. I breathe in, holding my book close to my chest.

"Hi, Gemma." I greet, forcing a small smile onto my face. "Anything I can help you with?"

Gemma nods, "It's Monday."

She holds out an envelope, and I extend my arm and take it from her, knowing what she wants me to do. You see, every Monday, Gemma gives me an envelope to then pass onto Josh Collins. I've been doing this for a few months now, and still have no clue why Gemma hasn't just talked to him since the envelope idea isn't working at all. Why am I doing this?

Well, I got myself into a big mess and Gemma helped me through it, which is now why I owe her. We never talk about what happened a few months ago and that's because Gemma doesn't want to think about it, and neither do I. Besides, Gemma has a reputation to uphold here. Everyone loves her and anyone ever found out what happened, it wouldn't go too well for her.

I send her a nod and she returns it before walking off with her friends, all of them making sure to give me one hard look before turning away. I shake my head, ignoring them. I place the envelope on the top of my book and begin walking in the opposite direction, knowing that Josh always hangs out in the library on Monday after break. People stand by their lockers as they talk their lives away, not caring about anything around them. I head up the stairs and make sure to hold the back of my skirt in case someone tries to prank me or something.

Hey, you never know! Some girl was unlucky last week when a guy from the football team ran past her and flipped her skirt up. I would never want that to happen to me.

I push open the doors to the library, looking around for Josh. I notice him at one of the tables where most students study, a book in front of him and a laptop beside it. I make my way over to him, grabbing the envelope in the right hand before placing it down on the book that he is reading. Josh looks up at me, throwing me a smile.

"Hey, Winter." he greets, looking down at the envelope. "Another one?"

I chuckle with him, nodding. "Yep. You're one lucky guy getting letters from Gemma."

"Only if I wanted them." Josh says, opening the envelope.

As he pulls out the paper, I wave him off. "Anyway, I'll leave you to that. I'll see you next Monday again, I guess." I say and Josh nods, his eyes reading over the words on the paper. I turn around and begin to make my way out of the library, holding my book close to my chest once again.

---

I look at the selections today, my eyes falling onto what I usually avoid on Mondays. Meatloaf. I look away and stare at the sandwiches, knowing that it will have to do. The lady hands me the sandwich that she notices me eyeing. "You really hate meatloaf, don't you?" she laughs, making me somewhat chuckle.