○ chapter twenty three ○

Winter's P.O.V

"Is she awake yet?"

"She is probably dead..."

"Say it again dickhead, i dare you!"

I slowly opened my eyes to see what the commotion was all about but i was surrounded by a blue curtain which made me frown.

Why am i in a hospital?

Your probably thinking why i knew that straight away...well, i just seem to get hurt a lot even when i was a kid, i would always trip over the dog and fall face first or i would be holding the kettle to make mom's tea but i would burn myself with the hot water. I guess i am unlucky.

I tried to remember was happened and i looked down and slowly peeled the blanket off and a stinging pain in my stomach and i screamed. "Owww!"

The curtain immediately opened and Amanda stood there with tissues in her hands and her eyes puffy. I looked at Amanda and pouted softley and what she was going through.

"Are you okay?" Amanda didnt answer until i smiled at her. She ran towards me and hugged me tightly, managing to not land on my leg and cried into my shoulder. "Im soooo sorry! This i-is my fault! I c-couldn't drive fast enough b-because i didnt know w-where i was going and-"

"Amanda, its only- STOMACH!" I yelled as i felt another body on me. I looked and saw Alec looking like he had just caught caught stealing some cookies from a jar. "Im...so sorry..." Alec said quietly as i shrunched up my face in pain.

I slowly opened my eyes and nodded at Alec. "Its...o-okay." I said with a small smile.

Then i saw Cole and Hayden walked in with a whole bunch of balloons in their hands. I smiled. "Naw, you didnt have to do that." I said to the boys but Hayden shook his head.

Then a doctor with a white coat and red streaks in his hair walked in and nodded at me. "Your free to go. Just take it easy. We dont want to see you here again with an injury, Miss Monroe." He said and i smiled at him. "Okay." My stomach was hurting a little from the punches and the fall but i was okay. I stood up and started to walk with everyone.

I started to walk as i passed all the other patients in the room. Some were sleeping, some crying in pain and some yelling out for them to get out of here. I wouldnt blame them. The hospital can be a very depressing place for everyone. It can also be scary. I wasnt that scared cause my mom would always sleep next to me in the hospital bed just to make me happy and forget about the pain and thats why i love her.

"What happened? I mean with Kate?" Alec asked and i looked at him while i continued to walk to the elevator. I frowned at the memory of what happened...then one person came to mind.

"Where is Sam?" I asked immediately and Alec chuckled. "Dont worry he is in the car. If you dont feel comfortable answering, im okay with it." I looked at the ground, feeling guilty. I wanted to help Sam, i really did but i knew i needed answers.

"Hello, Winter?" I snapped my head back to Alec and smiled apologetically. "Sorry Alec, I will tell you later." I say and he nods. Cole pressed the button for the elevator and i looked at Amanda who was happily talking with Hayden. I smiled. They were cute together but i was jealous...of what they had of course. I just wish i knew what was going on in Sam's head.

●●●

"Why is he ignoring me?" I asked Cole as we sat in my bedroom. Cole shrugged.

"He is probably just pissed. I mean, he did have people grabbing him earlier." I nodded at Cole's words. All because of me. Ever since i got in the car, Sam didnt say a word...he didnt even look at me! I knew something was wrong straight away but i was too afriad to ask.