37.3K 1.4K 447

| warning - triggering content |

----------

Winter's P.O.V

I walk around the stones, trying to blink away the tears that keep forming in my eyes. After walking all the way across the field, I finally reach my destination. I sit down on the grass and pick the little flower from the ground, beginning to twirl it in my fingers, a small smile playing on my lips.

"Hey, Kyle." I mumble. "I know it has been a long time since I visited you but I'm here now." I say quietly, cracking a smile that makes a tear run down my cheek.

"I miss you so much, Kyle. You helped me through a lot when we were younger but where are you when u need your help now? The girls are teasing me again and I just can't take it anymore." I say, looking down at my shirt that is soaked. "You can't see this but Kate poured coke in me." I say, breathing out an irritated sigh.

"Everyone tells me to ignore what she says and be strong but my brain can't just ignore it, Kyle. Words hurt and thats the thing they don't understand. I want to ignore them, I really do... but it's hard." I sigh again and place the flower in front of the stone.

"You want to know another thing?" I ask, wiping the tear that is now making its way across my jaw.

"I'm staying with these boys and I know you would go all protective if you actually heard that but they are really nice - well, except for one. He punched me Kyle. He freaking punched me and threatened to do it again!" I say, my voice beginning to get weaker with every word said.

"My world is crumbling apart and I just don't know what to do." I say, running both my hands down my face.

When I look back at his stone, I smile weakly.

"I love you, Kyle." I say and run my thumb over my brother's name.

Kyle Jay Monroe.

I stand up and look at Kyle's stone for a few seconds more before turning on my heel and beginning to make my way to the one place I will never call home.

----------

I knock loudly on the door, hoping someone will answer the door but I feel like someone won't. But then, to my surprise, the door swings open to reveal a monster. A monster that I have come to dislike a lot.

Sam Anderson.

I push past him and walk towards the living room, not wanting to deal with anything that he brings up tonight. Once I sit down on the couch, I cross my legs and begin to watch the television.

"Winter-"

"Don't talk to me." I snap, my tone cold and deadly. If my mom heard the way I am talking, she would think that I am a different person completely.

"Just let me-"

"Shut up!" I snap again but this time much louder. I continue watching the show but I feel the urge to fall asleep from how tired I am.

What is the couch made of? It's so comfortable.

I feel my eyes close but I suddenky snap out of it, shaking my head slightly. Not while Sam is in the same room, I tell myself. You don't know what he might do to you! Maybe kick and punch the crap out of you and make you into a rag doll, I continue.