○ chapter fifty nine ○

Winter's P.O.V

"This makes no sense at all." Cole says once I finish explaining to the boys and my mom what happened yesterday when Amanda came up with this lovely idea to call Gemma Hill, call her a bitch, and somehow find out how she got the tapes from Phillip.

"I'm calling your father." My mom says as she stands up from sitting on the couch and makes her way into the kitchen to go ring my father.

By the way, my father hasn't been back since he left on Monday night. He hasn't even called to tell me or my mother what he has found out or if he has found out anything. I'm not worried of course, it's just that I thought he would call us at the end of the day but I guess not.

"Why the hell would she just blurt that out to a random stranger anyway?" Alec asks as he furrows his eyebrows in confusion. I nod in agreement and so does Amanda.

"But... I find it kind of funny that Gemma thought of you as a guy. You must really pull of the voice of a man-" Hayden's words get cut off when Amanda slaps him on the shoulder, hard. I chuckle and shake my head at the two.

"Knowing Gemma, she must be up to something to do that." Sam says and I sigh.

"Thats what we thought but we just don't know what." I say. In the corner of my eye, I see a grin form onto Alec's face when he looks at his phone and I look at him.

"What are you smiling about?" I ask him and Alec stands up and puts his phone in his pocket.

"I'll see you guys at school later." Alec says, the grin still not off his face. I nod and he walks out the door shutting it behind him.

I had a feeling it had something to do with Cassidy.

Ever since Cole and Alec made up from the whole 'taking advantage of Cassidy' thing, Alec and Cassidy have been talking more. The other night, Alec took her out on a date to a carnival somewhere and when Alec came home, his bright smile was stuck on his face and still there when he woke up. I knew he had a good night with Cassidy and I'm pretty sure everyone knew that too.

I wouldn't be suprised if they get back together soon.

"Ugh shit, we are going to be late again." I hear Cole say and I sigh. I quickly kiss my mom goodbye after walking into the kitchen to find her on the phone to my father. I quickly grab my bag and walk out the door with Sam's hand in mine. Amanda, Cole and Hayden get into the SUV while I walk towards the beautiful car.

"Ugh, can I have this when you don't want it?" I ask Sam as he walks to the other side of the car.

"Winter, I will always want it. It's not like some toy you just got rid of. This-" Sam taps the top of the Lamborghini. "-is always going to be mine." Sam says with a smirk and I sigh, getting into the car.

One day, Sam. One day.

●●●

"So students, if the triangle equals up to 180 degrees, what does the square equal up to?" I hear the teacher ask but I feel myself zoning out once again.

"Winter, do you mind answering this?" When I hear my name being said, I raise my head up and look around the class. Amanda chuckles next to me and I roll my eyes and look at the teacher.

"Uhm..." I start, trying to remember what the hell a square equals up to in algebra. I feel a foot kick my chair and I look behind to see Gemma holding a piece of paper by her face but out of the teachers sight. I look at the paper and see that it reads '360 degrees' in neat hand writing.