○ chapter forty three ○

Winter's P.O.V

I dialed her number again and put the phone to my ear, waiting for her to pick up. I licked my teeth and waited impatiently. She had a lot of explaining to do.

"She not answering?" I heard Alec ask as he walked into my room. I heard the beep and I groaned, throwing the phone on the floor.

"Why the hell would she just leave? I remember her talking to me just before Phillip came and now she just disappeared! She isn't even answering me!" I groaned and laid my head back on the bed. Alec sat next to me and sighed.

"I've tried. She hasn't answered me." Alec said and I sat back up, rubbing my tired eyes.

"See? What's her problem? She can't leave and ignore us? I swear, when I finally-"

"Baby, is everything okay?" I looked up to see my mom frowning slightly. I ran my hand down my face and groaned.

"Amanda isn't answering her phone." Alec answers for me and I stand up.

"I'll be back." I say and they both nod. I walk out of my room and walk to the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I walked to the mirror and slowly sighed. My hair was in knots since I haven't brushed it in two days. Yes, two days. Why? Well,  you could blame Amanda for that. Ever since I figured out about Amanda, I was worried. I know I am a stupid friend for not noticing but a million things were going through my mind that day.

I haven't gotten any sleep and as much as Sam tried to make me fall asleep in his arms, I couldn't. I wanted to but I couldn't. My mom even tried to help me by buying food for spaghetti, my favourite meal, but I didn't eat. I didnt feel hungry. This is what happens when your best friend leaves suddenly... you get worried and ignore everyone.

I knew my birthday was coming up in two weeks and I wanted Amanda there. If she wasn't there, I won't celebrate it. Even if it is my 18th, I don't care. I want my best friend with me, watching me as I blew out the candles, standing with me and laughing, celebrating my birthday with me.

I know I'm sounding crazy but I loved Amanda. I just didn't know why she was ignoring my texts and calls. It was just not like her.

Ever since Phillip got arrested, which was two days ago, I felt empty. I wanted Amanda here because I knew she would be screaming with joy. But no, she isn't here, she isn't answering my calls and she isn't being the friend she should be!

I ran the tap and washed my face, feeling sort of refreshed. I picked up a strand of my blonde hair and immediately let go of it when I felt the oiliness. Instead of going back to my mom and Alec, I chose to have a shower. I needed it.

●●●

Amanda's P.O.V

I looked at my phone, watching all this miss calls pop up on the screen. I sighed and put my phone on silent.

"You know, you should just answer her." I heard my mom say. I turn around and sigh but shake my head.

"I can't. It's not that easy." I mumbled as my mom sat next to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Amanda, think of it this way. Your ignoring her for what reason? Your afraid to get yelled at? Maybe you deserve it-"

"Hey!"

"Sorry, honey, but it is the truth. Your shutting Winter out for what reason?" My mom asked and I looked at my phone and saw the messages and missed calls stop. I look back at my mom and I shrug.