Chapter 42: Kill or Be Killed?

Yusuf up there :D

Profile pic of me for a limited time ;)

I see Befriended is almost coming to an end ~

Check out my other stories :)

***Vote and Comment to get a shout out!

It would mean so much and I loooooooove reading what you guys have to say haha

chapter mildly edited*****

"You'll kill and kill because believe me you're always going to want to protect your loved ones. You'll fight for them and that's what you did for me."

~Adam

***

1995

Officer Jackson mumbled to himself as he looked through the documents. He couldn't quite put his finger on it as he had a sudden interest in Amina's house and there was something wrong with it. It has been a month since Layla voluntarily threw herself out the window, but did she really?

He researched about the house and the neighbourhood to find out the area was old. It was almost eighty years old and not many people lived there. The streets were mostly empty and one street was completely abandoned. Amina's street seemed to have a tad more people living there.

"This doesn't make sense," the frustrated officer scowled.

"What doesn't?" His assistant, Angela Parks, raises an eyebrow. She stood facing the front of his desk, observing his thick moustache that hid his frown.

"This," he pointed to the research documents. "The neighbourhood, the entire area around Cougar Forest is mostly abandoned with only a few living there. Why isn't the government doing anything about it?"

"That does seem strange. They could use the land for better purposes than an isolated part of the city." Angela went to her desk and opened a tab on her computer. "It's not like the government forgot about the land. Amina moved in recently so her family must have bought it from the government?"

"Right..." Officer Jackson nodded. "Find out who the family bought it from. If it isn't the government, then we'll have to get answers from the owner or the family's neighbours."

Angela got to work as Officer Jackson took a break.

A day later, Angela bursts into their office. "I got something!"

"What is it?" Officer Jackson gets up swiftly, eager to know.

"The family, and anyone living in the Cougar area did not buy their homes from the government. The buyers of the home explained that it was an organization who owned all the houses and sold them. They didn't get much money out of it though." Angela takes a seat in front of him, with papers in her hands.

"Go on," Officer Jackson leans back in his chair.

"Well, this organization sends different people to handle their customers. I got names from the buyers who their real estate agents were and did research. Turns out, this organization bought the entire Cougar area 78 years ago from the government. The organization had a base before they destroyed it and built houses and neighbourhoods."

"Why did they destroy their base?" Officer Jackson asked.

Angela shook her head. "It was terrifying. The scientists and many other people were killed by some gunmen. So the organization destroyed everything and made homes to earn more money and build another base elsewhere."