Part 18

Deaton came back to the clinic around 3 hours after Theo had woken up. He had said he just wanted to run some tests, make sure everything was normal.

Theo had always hated needles, and so at first, he shrunk away, desperate not to have pins stuck into his arms. The others calmed him down though, and he trusted them. So Theo let Deaton run some tests.

They took around 30 minutes, which isn't really that long. But for Theo, it took a long and agonising half an hour to get all the tests done. Just the thought of needles sent a shiver down the chimera's spine.

Liam held Theo's hand the whole time. 

----------------------------------------------------

That night, they all stayed at the clinic. They wanted to spend as much time with each other before the pack came back, begging them for their help against another supernatural threat. 

The four of them, minus Theo, managed to roll another metal table next to Theo's and so Liam slept there, curling into Theo's warm body. Luckily, his body wasn't as broken as his mind. 

--------------------------------------------------------

In the morning, Deaton came back with the test results. He had taken them home to analyse them because he wanted to give the group of best friends some time to themselves, which he was okay with. He understood what they had been through the past few days, all without their packs support, too.

When they heard the bell on the door ring, all four of the supernatural beings sat up, greeted with Deaton's bright smile.

"Hey, so the test results are all clear. There appears to be nothing wrong, but I'd like you to check in every couple of weeks so that I can continue to assess you." 

Theo nodded, as did the others, as if they were saying, 'We'll come with you, we will make sure you're doing okay.' 

Liam's hand squeezed Theo's tighter for a second, an act of reassurance. Theo smiled like a goof to himself.

-------------------------------------------------

Deaton had left, he had to analyse some other test results, apparently.

But then, a little while later, he came back, asked for Liam. It's not like Theo could stop him from going in his current state, anyway.

He couldn't hear what the doctor and his lover were discussing, but Liam looked worried. Theo wasn't too sure about being left out of a secret that was dangerous enough to worry Liam. He guessed it was dangeroud, anyway. He shrugged to himself, brushing away the thought and making conversation with Derek and Lydia, who never left his side.

-------------------------------------------------

That night, they all stayed in Derek's loft. They laid themselves on the floor, stayed up until the early hours of the morning, eating, talking, joking. Theo had never been happier.

------------------------------------------------------

Doctor Deaton rang Scott that night. He knew he was pushing his luck with the alpha, but Scott had always wanted to save people.

"Hey, Scott." He had said into the phone, still thinking about the connotations of how Scott was going to react to Deaton's request.

"Hey Alan! What's up, how can I help?"

Deaton laughed breathily. "Stop that, you sound like me." Scott returned the laugh.

"I need a favour from you." Deaton said, after around a half minute of comfortable silence.

"Sure, what do ya need?"

"I need you to go inside Theo Raeken's head."

----------------------------------------------------

a/n

yiKES

what do ya think scoot will say?

what will they find?

self-promo: cHECK OUT MY NEWTMAS BOOK BC ILY ALLLL <33

also we love thiam as an unlabelled relationship