Part 61

"What do you mean, 'he was taken by Monroe'?" Derek hissed, grabbing Scott's wrist and dragging him away from the sleeping girl in his bed.

"T-they uh... Hope and Theo.. they got ambushed on their way back to town.." Scott didn't want to make the older werewolf any angrier, and so he gently pryed Derek's fingers off of his wrist. 

Derek only nodded and walked downstairs, looking around as the pack members acted like zombies, half of them still unconscious. He sighed and crouched beside Lydia and Liam, helping Liam sit up as he rubbed his eyes. "You alright?" The older werewolf asked, and Liam replied with a nod, before flopping back onto the ground to sleep.

Derek tried his best to calm down, he couldn't afford to lose anyone else right now. When Lydia woke, though, his anger was not working well as an anchor and before he could even comprehend what was happening, Derek was carrying Lydia outside.

"Why'd you do it?" 

Lydia leaned against a fence, shivering in the cold. Derek didn't notice her uncomfort though, because he wasn't thinking straight at all. 

"Why'd I do what?" Lydia asked, confused as she rubbed her head, willing the headache to go away so that she could focus on Derek. 

"Make me fall in love with you..." Derek mumbled, and he was surprised that Lydia heard it, for he hadn't meant for her to.

Lydia was shcoked, to say the least. She thought he was happy with Stiles, much like she was happy with Allison. Her face clearly told her thoughts and Derek sighed, shaking his head. "I knew it! God, I'm such an idiot!" Derek crumpled to the ground, pulling at his hair to stop himself from crying. 

Lydia crouched in front of the shaking werewolf and sighed, lifting his head with her hand. Their eye's locked and all the feelings that Lydia had been feeling for Derek resurfaced. Before she knew what she was doing, she was pressing her lips against Derek's. It was only a peck, but it meant the world to the both of them. 

They rested their forehead's against each other's, both of them trying to figure out how to breathe normally. "I'm so sorry Derek... I can't hurt Alli like that." Lydia said quietly, her thumb tracing circles on the back of his hand.

"It's alright Lyds, I get it. I promise it's okay." Derek tried his best to hide the hurt in his voice. The both of them pulled away, and Derek plastered a fake smile on his face as they walked inside again. Everyone was already up and awake when they got inside. Lydia nodded to Derek, unsuspecting of his teary eyes. 

As Derek took a seat on the couch, he spaced out, thinking of a song he had heard a long time ago.

It's okay, I know someday I'm gonna be with you. It's okay, I know someday I'm gonna be with you.

Except it wouldn't be okay, because Derek was losing everyone he cared about.

--------------------------------------------------

2 hours later...

The pack huddled in the living room, Hope also joining them after she woke. Derek gave her some pain killers for her head and smiled sadly at her. 

Hope made a mental note of the sadness in his eyes and set a mental reminder, telling her to make sure he was okay. 

The young girl was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard her name being called. She put on a brave face and looked up, ready to act over her age already. "Sorry, what?"

Scott gave her a sympathetic smile and nodded, looking around at everyone first. "We want to know what you think we should do, since you were the only one who was there that night." 

Hope looked around at all the people in the room.They were all looking at her, like the expected a seven year old to come up with a master plan to save a werewolf from a group of phsycotic hunters that were holding him captive. Liam grabbed her hand as he noticed her overthinking and smiled, giving it a small squeeze. 

Hope nodded, ready to talk all ready since she had been thinking about how to get her 'second dad' back from the minute he had been taken. She nodded to herself, taking a deep breath before she looked at the pack, locking eyes with Scott. 

"I think I have a plan." 

------------------------------------------------------

a/n

yall what do you think her plan is 

iTS ABOUT TO GET WILD

{ also the song reference will need to be remembered for the last chapter of this book, if you want the chapter to be eVEN CUTER THAN IT ALREADY WILL BE, so dont forget about it. if any of you would like to listen to it, it's called It's Okay by Tom Rosenthal }