Part 65

Lydia was running in the direction that they had just came from in seconds, her mind still fuzzy and her vision still blurry. 

There, she saw Allison, breathing heavily against  a wall, Liam, placing Theo on the floor and running to her. Everything was happening so slowly, and Lydia was snatching Allison off of Liam before she even knew what she was doing.

"O-oh my God, A-alli.." Lydia was choking up as she cradled her lovers head, tears streaming down her face. 

"Shh, Lyds, it's okay.." Allison whispered. 

Each member of the pack had tears in their eyes and Liam crawled over, holding Allison's hand in an effort to make her more comfortable. 

"H-how is this o-okay!? Y-you're dying, Al!" 

"Shh, I promise it's okay.." Her voice was scratchy and rough, it didn't sound like Allison at all. 

Liam furrowed his eyebrows, his hands shaking. "I-I... I can't take h-her pain, L-lyds!" 

Allison shook her head slowly, gripping Liam's hand, giving him a sad smile."It's b-because it doesn't h-hurt..." Allison trailed off, and a tear dropped down Liam's cheek as he held onto her hand as tightly as he could.

Her breathing was becoming more and more rapid, and everyone was realising that there were only minutes left.

"It's okay, Lyds. I'm dying in the arms of my f-first love.. the girl I've always loved, and the girl I will c-continue to love...." Allison sighed, a smile on her face, and she finally felt at peace. She was going to a place where she could be with her mum.

With the last of her strength, Allison sat up, ignoring the pain in her chest. She fell into Lydia who held her tightly.

Lydia felt cold fingers on her cheek and she leaned into them, only to have her hair brushed behind her hair. She felt a faint breath on her ear and she shivered, her eyes red from not being able to stop crying. 

"Go... go and g-get your m-man, Lydia. I'll always love you. Tell... tell Theo I-I love him too... There's a l-letter in my room..." Allison whispered as she took her last breath. 

Her breathing stopped, the werewolves couldn't hear a pulse. She was gone. Allison was gone. 

Scott took the body away from Allison and Malia shifted back, picking Lydia up as she sobbed. Hesitantly, Liam picked Theo up, bridal style, and watched as Theo's eyes teared up. This was all his fault. 

------------------------------------------------

Theo was able to walk when they got to the exit, and Hope was up and running in a matter of seconds. A huge smile was on Theo's face as he saw the small figure running towards him. Painfully, he made his way over to a wall, where he could lean against it and still hug Hope.

Theo opened his arms and Hope jumped into them, her arms wrapping around the back of his nack and her legs around his hips. Theo was still crying, and Hope's eyes were teary. 

"Oh my God, dad," Hope whispered as Theo rocked her, gently, as much as he could in his condition. "I thought you were gone, dad," Hope's voive cracked, and Theo silently shook his head, one of his hands stroking the back of her head.

"I'm not going anywhere. Not for a very, very long time." 

The two stayed like that for what seemed like forever, cuddling each other like it was the last thing they would do. It put Theo in so much pain but he didn't care, because it was worth it, if it was for Hope.

Liam eventually joined too, and the three of them seemed, to the outside world, like a perfect little family, yet they were far from it.

------------------------------------------------------

Derek stood up as he saw the pack, a happy smile on his face as he saw Hope run to Theo. He had never seen two people as close as they were. Their relationship was so pure, Derek wished the best for them.

His expression changed when Lydia crashed into him, though. Her body shook as she sobbed, and his shirt was soaked with her tears in a matter of seconds. The werewolf gingerly sat the two of them down and pulled Lydia away, his hands resting on her shoulders. 

"Shh, it's okay, calm down. You're okay, Lyds. What happened?" He spoke in a quiet, gently voice, as to not upset her anymore.

"A-allison.. s-she's.." Lydia was gasping for air as she sobbed, her hands shaking.

Derek frowned, his eyes widening, refusing to believe what his head was telling him. "No she- she can't be, Lyds..." 

Lydia only nodded, and the two of them sat under the oak tree, comforting each other as they cried.

--------------------------------------------------------

The ride home was silent. 

Allison was in the back of Derek's car, covered by a blanket as him and Lydia drove home. 

The rest of the people didn't matter, they'd get home on their own. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Lydia went to Allison's straight away. Derek went with her, and they held hands as they walked to her bedroom. 

Lydia let go of Derek and he stood in the corner, watching the love of his life walk over to the dresser, opening a drawer and taking a pieve of paper from it.

The banshee fell onto the bed, her tears stainging the page as she read it out loud.

"Hey guys, 

When you find this, I'll already be gone. But it's okay, I'm ready. I really want to see my mum again, and this way, I can watch over you all. Who knows, maybe I'll even come back as a ghost and haunt you all. 

I'm not afraid, I promise. If anything, I want this. You have all been amazing to me and I could not have asked for a better family. Tell my dad I love him, please.

Scott, thank you for letting me in that night, at the vet. I will forever be in your debt.

Girlies, Malia and Kira, you have been the best friends I have always wanted. You accepted me when I doubted myself and you never made me feel anything but happy. Thank you.

Isaac, Liam, stay stong. You're better than anything life throws at you.

Mason and Corey, you will always be my ultimate ship, stay cute, my loves.

Derek, my big brother, where do I start? I love you so much, without you I wouldn't still be here today. Never forget me, carry my legacy on. Carry on being you. 

Stiles, thank you for believing in me when no one else would.

Theo, I'm sorry that we didn't see you change sooner. You're amazing now, and I have forgiven you for all that you have done. You're just a kid, I hope others begin to see that too.

And lastly, Lydia. The love of my life. The only thing I have ever been afraid of is losing you, my love. You have to carry on for me, though. I'll always be with you, no matter not. I'll never forget you. Carry on with you're life, I want to see your kids! You better name them after me, Red. I love you more than words can express. 

Don't give me a funeral, you guys spend that money on take-aways to honour me instead, okay? Just go to the river with my ashes, eat pizza, maybe bring some flowers. That's how I want to be remembered. If I see you crying over me, I will kill you all in your sleep.

I love you all so, so much.

- Allicat."