Part 42

2 weeks, 4 days and 16 hours later.

Liam: It's been 18 days since you left. I should know better than to text you by now.

Liam: I just can't help it.

Liam: I miss you so much, my love.

Liam: Nothing is the same without you here.

Liam: All of us are miserable. Even Malia is!

Liam: Please just let me know your safe somehow. 

Liam: Read these messages at least.

Liam: I love you.

Read at 2:48AM.

Liam: At least I know your safe.

Delivered.

--------------------------------------------------

Liam looked over at the clock, watching the minutes tick by, taking him into the early hours of the morning. He hadn't slept properly in nine days, he missed the chimera. 

He never took the hoodie off. He had been wearing it for a total of 13 days. Yes, Liam had been keeping track of the days, but he barely remembered anything anymore.

His anchor was gone, and the only thing keeping him calm at the moment were numbers.

---------------------------------------------------

An hour and four minutes since Theo read Liam's messages. It pulled on the wolf's heart; the fact that his lover had the audacity to read the messages but not reply? It appalled him.

This night was nothing other than the usual, though. This happened every night.

He laid on his back, his eyes looking up at the ceiling like it was the most interesting thing he had ever seen. He sub-consciously messed around with the ocean-coloured ribbon that was wrapped tightly around his wrist and he slowly drifted off into a light sleep.

------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks, five days, 2 hours.

That was how long Theo had been out of Beacon Hills for. 

He read Liam's messages every night, not realising the smile that always came to his lips when he saw the contact name on his phone screen. He would read the messages and feel awful.

He hadn't heard from Melissa yet. 

Maybe she's just busy, the rational side of his mind said.

Who's busy enough to forget their son? The other side, the irrational, voice spoke.

It was like having an angel on one shoulder and a demon on the other, to be quite frank.

"Can you shut the fuck up?" Theo spoke out, louder than he intended it to be. 

He didn't hear from the voices for the rest of the night.

--------------------------------------

Two weeks, five days, 6 hours. 

Theo laid awake, the feeling of the cool grass tickling his back. He just laid there, observing the scene above him as the starry night sky blurred into a beautiful mix of colours.

Maybe an artist died last night, a voice spoke to him. It was high-pitched and sounded young.

Theo frowned and looked away from the sky, sitting up in a haste. 

In front of him was a little girl. She reminded the chimera of Lydia, in a weird way. The young girl had two plaits in her hair, holding the ginger frizz together. She had a thoughtful look on her face, and her expression made her seem older than she looked.

"Yeah, maybe." Theo finally said, finishing looking at the girl. He felt a weird sense of comfort with her. 

Theo had heard the expression before. 'When an artist dies, they are allowed to paint the sky one last time'. He was confused as to why a girl so young and fragile would know of such a sad quote.

Theo patted the spot of soft, green grass beside him and the little girl smiled at him, sitting next to the boy. They talked for hours.

Maybe this was his new home.

-------------------------------------------

a/n 

bET YA WASNT EXPECTING THAT