Part 57

Before Theo was aware of anything else, he was aware of the pain. His body was in absolute agony, and it felt as though his blood was being boiled. His head felt so, so heavy, and his eyelids failed to open when he wanted them to.

The ropes around his hands burned into his skin whenever he tried to move, and he felt like he was being burnt alive. Maybe he was back in hell, real hell this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------

20 minutes later, Theo was able to get his eyes open without them closing almost immediately. It took him a while, but he eventually managed to pull his head up off of his chest and rest it against the back of the wooden chair he was tied to. He felt so, incredibly tired and he was in so much pain that he wished he could drop dead right there and then.

But he couldn't, because he couldn't give Hope any more sadness in her life. He would have to survive for Hope, for Liam.

Theo hadn't thought of Liam in a while, but now that he was stuck in an almost pitch-black room, he had time to. 

The chimera had missed him deeply. Theo wished that he could be in the arms of the werewolf right now. He wished that he could run his hands through Liam's hair, hold his hand when Theo got nervous. Unfortunately, being supernatural means you usually don't have time to be all lovey-dovey with your partner. Were they even together?

Doubts began crossing Theo's mind, and he began to think that maybe he really didn't need to be alive anymore. What if Liam found someone else and moved on? Theo wouldn't be able to live if he had. Liam was his and he could only hope that the werewolf knew that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello, Theo." The voice was venomous, menacing, and Theo couldn't help but to feel afraid in his weakened, injured state. The sound was definitely that of a female, but he had never heard it before, in his life. 

Theo's eyes widened as he spat in a random direction, his head suddenly pounding. "Stop screaming, Charlotte!" He shouted as he managed to catch a hold of the banshee's scent, desperate to hold his head in his hands, as if that would make all of his problems disappear. 

"Ah, I see you've already met my daughter." The figure spoke, and Theo thought of just two days ago, when he was in this same position with Monroe. Only this time, he wasn't faking his pain. 

"Who the fuck are you?" Theo seethed, his tone laced with anger. 

The voice stepped out of the shadows, and a smaller figure followed suit, standing to the left of the woman. And then, as if Theo hadn't already had enough luck with hunters already in the last couple days, he saw her. Araya Calavera and her daughter, Charlotte. 

"Araya?" Theo asked in disbelief, his voice shaky. 

"Ah, so you remember me?" Araya didn't want for an answer before she continued, pointing behind her. "This is my daughter, Charlotte, whom you have already met." The hunter then turned to her daughter, patting her cheek. "Excellent job, sweetheart." Her Mexican accent was clear as she spoke, and Theo almost laughed. 

"Got bored of hunting werewolves in Mexico, I see." Theo said, a slight smirk on his face, even though it put his whole body in excruciating pain. "Ah, no, I see. You got bored of werewolves all together, didn't you. Realised that there were much bigger threats that could kill you in seconds, and so you began to go after them. Tell me, Araya, how did you acquire a banshee as a daughter? I thought you despised the supernatural. Why haven't you killed her-"

The chimera was cut off by a searing pain in his left thigh, and he looked over to see Charlotte standing beside her mother, a gun in her hand. He only let out a chuckle, despite the burning sensation in his leg, and Theo actually begun to wonder what the fuck was being put into his body. 

Charlotte spoke up before he had the chance to say anything. "So, you think calling my mother a whore is going to get you any where?"

Theo frowned, confused. "The hell? I never said anything about her being a hoe, though I suppose if she-" 

"Everybody shut the hell up!" Araya shouted, cutting of the two's bicker. 

The silence allowed Theo to try and figure out what was being put into his blood, but it seemed as though Araya could read minds. How the fuck was she even still alive, at her old age, anyway? Theo thought she must be in her late 60's at least.

"It's called vervain. It's a very rare, lethal, herb that only really works well on people like you, Theo. So if you answer the questions correctly, we won't kill you. How does that sound?" Her old voice rang through the dark room, and Theo suddenly felt claustrophobic. 

"Depends on what the questions are."

"There are only two, really." Charlotte spoke up, but in turn, received a glare from her mother that she immediately stepped down to. 

"Where the hell is Hope Mikaelson?"

-----------------------------------------------------

a/n

y'all gotta wait two chapters to find out what happens, eek

also is  there not enough thiam in this thiam book bc idk 

but I promise they will reunite