4 Stained Cheeks

**Giovanni's Luciano pov**

I woke up with an extreme hangover. I groaned and shaked my head to wake up better. My head was pouding and pulsing at the same time, it felt horrible.

I got dressed in sweats and a simple t-shirt. It feels good to be dressed something else other than suits. I did my hygiene in the bathroom and I went downstars for breakfast.

The maids were cooking and cleaning. It was early morning and they are already cleaning. Is this house really that messy? I rarely have people coming over.

As I started eating breakfast I saw Alessandra. She was walking slowly, her head pointed to the ground and her medium-lenght hair covering her face. I saw her cheeks were stained and her eyes suddenly met mine. They were red from all of the crying last night. I wouldn't be surprised if her cries were the reason I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night, that whore better sleep tonight without sobbing, or the next thing she'll be sleeping in will be her coffin.

"Good morning" She said quietly.

"Sit down I'm making delicious breakfast for you" Margot said and placed a plate filled with food for her. She thanked her and started eating. Somebody cleared their throat and made me realise that I've been starting at Alessandra for quite a while.

I've been acting with Alessandra differently than with my other 'hostages'. I don't know why, but those blue eyes who were filled with different emotions made me realise things better. Her eyes just screamed at me to let this girl go. But I couldn't, and I can't, even if my bitch of a father found out, he'd have her head in no time, and I don't want for that happen. Maybe if I have her under my control, I'll have the advantage. It's only been more than twenty-four hours and she's already making me look in things another way. My emotions to her weren't there. I didn't feel anything towards her. Yes, she was beautiful and all - plus a bitch -but  I couldn't bring myself to it. I, as a boss, can't have feelings for another person. This dark life doesn't work that way.

Nobody talked during breakfast. As soon as I finished eating I went to my office to discuss some business calls and hire one of my men to be a bodyguard to watch the front door if Alessandra wants to escape again.

I called Antonio and he agreed right away when I said I'd be paying double of his normal salary. He was a duche but I trust him well enough that he wouldn't let me down, or he'll just get himself killed.

When I finished my work it was 2p.m. which meant lunch time. When I headed downstairs Alessandra and Antonio were talking.

I don't want them to talk to eachother, I don't even want them to look at eachother, I want them to be under my control, they will get themselves in trouble if they don't. One thing that I hate is losing control. Control over things, over people, over minds.

When Alessandra saw me her smile dissapeared and looked away. Antonio greeted me and we shaked hands. The shaking was long and I squeezed his hand so hard, it made him uncomfortable. Good. That's how he should feel in my property.

The lunch wasn't as uncomfortable as breakfast. Margot and Lily - my other maid - were talking, only Alessandra and I were quiet.

The rest of the day went smoothly until it was dinner time. I came downstairs only to see Alessandra and Antonio laughing. I coughed on purpose and both of them went silent.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Alessandra and I immediately mentally face palmed myself. A great question to ask a person who is being held captive.

"Fine, I guess" She let out an irritated sigh while looking at her plate.

"I'll need you to come to my office after dinner." I ordered.

"Do I even have a choice." Oh, look. The bitch in her is back, lovely.

I finished dinner first and headed to my office where I waited for Alessandra. A few minutes had passed and I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." I said and watched as Alessandra entered my office with her head down. "Sit down." She did just that. "We need to have a little chat about you"

"Okay" was the only thing that came from her mouth. I was a bit taken back. This woman was usually bitchy like and tough, with an attitude that could make you slam your head on the table multiple times. I expected her to be complaining about me and this whole thing, but she didn't which was good. I knew that she didn't see us doing our job, but her ears heard it. And I can't risk being exposed to the whole world.

"Alessandra I can't-" I started my speech but I was cut off by her voice.

"Don't call me that..." She trailed off. She really needs to stop interrupting my sentences, it's starting to piss me off.

"How the fuck should I call you then?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Sandra or Alessa I go short with both of them." She gave me a small smile. Just hours ago she wouldn't give me her name, and now she's telling me her nicknames. I was slightly confused at her.

"Sandra or Alessa, or whatever, I'm not letting you go, period. You will not leave until I tell you to. In fact, the leaving part will most likely never happen. Now, the only piece of information I need is your parents names."

"What parents?" She asked way too quickly for my liking.

Her question made my eyes wide a bit, "The ones who adopted you when you were found on the streets?"

"I'm not telling you. My parents have nothing to do with this." She shook her head and waved her hands no.

"Your parents have a lot to do with this." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"No they don't. I don't even live with them anymore. I don't.. I don't-"

I heard her sniff as I watched tears running down her cheeks. I stood up and walked towards her, I grabbed some tissues and held it out for her, she flinched a bit at the unexpected kindness, but took a tissue nonetheless.

"Can-Can I go now, please?" She looked up at me with her puppy eyes

"Yes" No you needed to say no, you idiot! What the fuck is wrong with you? I let go of the tissue box and she smiled and walked towards the door where she stopped and turned around to face me.

It didn't hurt me, but it slightly made me question, how would I behave in her situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote and comment! ❤️