The Rapid Decline

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Even as he held onto her, her body pulled down against him. She had no energy to keep herself upright. His arms carefully held her up and against him before he gently guided them both to the floor of the room. Ether's left nails touched her skin lightly, but he made sure that they didn't pierce her flesh. Once on the ground with her, he practically cradled her against him.

Right fingers smoothing back her (h/c) hair, he reached over with his left hand and grabbed the phone. "(D/n)," Ether answered, and he heard a sigh of relief on the other side of the phone. Ether knew that her father wasn't relieved to hear his voice. Rather, he was happy that the phone was picked up to reassure him that everything was fine on the other end. "I don't think that (f/n) will be able to talk anymore right now." His right fingers continued to smooth back her hair, and she still trembled from the news.

"... I understand. It's ..."

"It's a horrible situation. We know." Ether's tone was abrupt, and he almost could hear her father scowl on the other end. "But, we need to plan, not keep repeating how terrible this all is." Before her father could get in another word, he added, "If he took (m/n), then he probably won't attack until we get to that factory. So, you need to come over here. It'll be easier and less expected in case I'm wrong about him attacking. He's probably planning that all of us will drive to Carnation Hills since it'll be on the way to Dunnuuna."

(F/n) peered up to Ether somewhat, and he gave her a reassuring smile. It caught her off guard, and she stared back to her hands, extreme worry creeping back into her system. "What else did the note say?" her father questioned as he attempted to keep the panic out of his voice again. Ether, however, easily noticed its presence still.

"Just to bring (f/n) and myself. You know that stereotypical b*llsh*t. I'm sure you can figure out the rest of it from that."

"He'll kill (m/n) otherwise?" There was no amusement in (d/n)'s voice, but anger was taking over it.

"Exactly. Frankly, he can't be trusted to keep his promises, so ..."

Snapping, her father yelled, "So, what?! He's just going to murder my wife anyway! I'm not going to allow that! That b*st*rd needs to pay now! I'm not letting her die!"

Moving the phone away from his head a little, he sighed and wrapped his right arm around (f/n)'s waist. She tensed at the action, but he kept his arm there regardless. It wasn't just to provide her comfort but himself too. Otherwise, he might lose his patience with her father. He could understand where he was coming from since he would be the same, if not worse, if something similar had happened to (f/n). Unfortunately, it had in the subway, and if he didn't act properly, she might be in a similar situation again, which made his blood boil. Having (f/n) in his arms, safe and well, helped to ease that feeling.

Bringing the phone back closer to his ear, he responded, "I'm not saying that we should. I'm saying that we need to be extremely careful. We're not going to follow the instructions of his note because I have a feeling that he'll try to kill her and your child regardless of whether we come alone or not as punishment to ... (f/n)." He hated mentioning that, especially since (f/n) tensed again in his arms, but it was the most probable reason in Callest's mind.