Chapter 2: Your fault

²²² Everly ²²²

Three Years Ago

"Jane I want you out of this house in an hour" - Dad says and goes out the door.

Mom and dad always get into a fight because of me but today went out of hand. Mom has been cheating on dad and because of me, he found out about it.

My mom has been torturing me for as long as I can remember. She thinks that I am not pretty enough and check my weight every week. If I didn't maintain my weight she told me she would ship me off to boarding school and would tell them to torture me, so I got anorexia because of her.

"Mom where are you going?" - Ethan asks and she glares at me.

My mom loves my brothers because they all have pretty faces unlike me, but my brother don't know what our mom does to me. She glares at me, and if looks could kill I would be six feet under by now.

"Your sister framed me for something I didn't do and your father hates me now and wants me to leave the house. " - she says. I stare at her, is she serious?! I mean framed!!!

"What the hell is wrong with you Everly?" - Erick asks.

They know that mom and dad are fighting because of me but they don't know why. I stay silent even though all their glares burn through me, I stare at my mom and I can feel tears falling from my eyes. I know that I should not be crying for someone who doesn't deserve my tears.

Mom packs her stuff with my brothers following her and begging her to stay.

"I'll go convince mom to come back!" - Evan says and all of them nod.

After Evan goes out the door, all my brothers start yelling and screaming profanities at me but I block them out. I stare at the door the whole time. Even though I know mom left and I could be free from the torture and never face it again, I know that I am going to have bigger torture from my brothers. At least I have a dad.

After hours Evan does not come home. My brothers go searching him, but he's nowhere to be found. Days pass by and no one has seen Evan. My dad files a missing case. After 48 hours they closed the case since they think Evan died. I feel numb for days and I still do.

All my brothers come to me and say it is my fault. They hate me, but the thing that hurt me was that they told me that they wish that I was never born, so now, all we do is treat each other as strangers who live in the same house.

The brothers who chased away bullies for me became my bullies.

I learned one thing, no one can help me and take care of me or truly love me but me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Proofreading & Editing by @FADL_Julie