Chapter 4: The proposal

I come out of my soccer practice and take my motorcycle.I go home and my legs feel so sore.I go inside the house to get a ice pack from the freezer.Surprisingly all ,my brothers and dad are present in the kitchen.

"Hi princess!" Dad says giving me a hug and kisses my forehead.

"How was practice?"He asks me.

"Intense."I say and take the ice pack from the freezer.I take my favorite Gatorade from the fridge and go to my room.

After watching tv for two hours and finishing my homework I get ready for tonight's dinner.

I put on some make up and a diamond necklace.

Dad calls us all downstairs.I go down to see my dad and my brothers looking at me in shock.But my brothers mask it quickly.

"Sweetheart you look beautiful!"He says and I smile.

"You don't look so bad yourself!"I say and he chuckles.

"Okay so they are going to come here and from here we are going to the restaurant.Also you won't be riding with us Everly!"He says when that was exactly what I was going to ask.

"Why?I can't ride my motorcycle in this dress."

"Because I am going to propose to her before going to dinner in a garden where we first met!"

"What were you doing in a garden?"Ethan and I ask and our eyes meet but I look away.I am not going to let the twin instincts come.

"Not my point!Ev your riding with your brothers!"He says.

"I would rather walk!"I say.

"I know your legs are sore from soccer and the restaurant is far from here."He says and before I can argue the doorbell rings.

"Shit!I FORGOT THE RING!Everly answer the door!"He says and vanishes.I go to the door to find a woman around my mom's age with blonde hair.She look so pretty.Dad did good.I smile.

"You must be Everly!"She says as she hugs me in a motherly way.I have never gotten that hug.

"You must be Emma!Come in!"I say and she does and dad is in the doorway by that time.

They hug and say the pleasantries and we go to the living room.My brothers just have a fake smile.My dad introduces them to her and vice versa.When the doorbell rings again.

"Oh!My sons must be her!"She says.
"I'll get it!"I say with a smile and go to the door and open it.I literally am as shocked as the people on the other side.The Astor Brothers.

"Please tell me your not Emma's sons!"I say.

"Please tell me your not the William's sister!"Justin says.

"Come in!"I say.

They all come in and I take them to the living room.All my brothers' head snap to my face and their faces lose color.

"Oh!Kids meet Aaron's children!"Emma says.

"We know them pretty well!"John says.

"You guys must be thick friends then!"Dad says with a smile.

"they are not our--"Eddison says but I cut him off before he could say anything.

"Yeah!Really good friends!"I say.

"Aaron tells me that you play soccer Everly!Even Jackson does!"Emma says.

'" Yeah! We both are the co captains of our teams.We play in the same academy!"Jackson says and smiles at me.

"That is great Everly!"Emma says.

For some reason shock covers my brothers' faces.They didn't know that I was a co-captain.If you see I am more close to Jackson than I am with my brothers and I barely know him.

"Why don't we go to the restaurant!"Dad says.

"Everly go with your brothers!" My face pales and I think Jackson notices because he chimes in,

"Why don't we take Ev, we want to get to know her better!"Jackson says.

"Sure!" My dad says and goes with Emma to the car.

"Thanks."I mutter for only Jackson to hear.He just smiles.

"Why do you want my sister to go with you?"Elliot asks.

"Since when did you care?"I ask.The Astor brothers chuckle beside me.I think I already like them.

"Come on let's go Ev!" Jacob says and we enter their car.We talk non-stop.I really like them.I don't understand why my brothers chose them as rivals.

We reach the restaurant and our parents are already seated there.I can't really make out their expressions.Soon my brothers come in and all of go to their table!

"Sooo...."I say and the Astor brothers look at me confused.My dad and Emma make eye contact and then she turns to me with a smile and I already know the answer.

"We got engaged!" Emma squeals and I squeal with her and hug her.I know she is not like my mom.

"What!"All the Astor brothers shout!

I chuckle."That was their reaction when dad told them!"I say.My brother and the Astor brothers make eye contact.

But in the end they smile and hug Emma and dad and we congratulate them.

May be I have a way out of this torture.