Chapter 30: We Promise

Eddison

"We Promise!"I s what I said before hanging up.We promised that the day she was born.We promised that we would protect her but we failed to.I can't believe we have been blaming her all along when we should have been blaming ourselves and our birth giver.

"What did dad say?"Emmett asks breaking me from my thoughts.

"He can't be home for a month or two because his passport has been declining and he has to renew it."

"She's opening her eyes!"Evan says and we rush to her.

Everly

I slowly open my eyes to see blinding lights.Is this it.Heaven's real.I don't have to deal with any of my brothers her, at least for another fifty years but they might probably end up in hell.Many figures come in front of me and I squint my eyes to see who it is.My Brothers.Did they die also,am I in hell.I thought I died.

"Evy!"Ethan says in a relieved tone and hugs me and I flinch involuntarily.Why did I flinch?

Everything comes back to me.Nick raped me.Xander cheated on me.My step brothers lied to me.My brothers blamed me for something I never did.

Tears fill my eyes, if I didn't go to the parking lot alone.If I did something different, he wouldn't have raped me.

Why am I still alive?My brothers eye me and I think I said that aloud.

"Don't ever do that again!"Evan says and hugs me but I flinch and he notices but he still hugs me.

"Why so you could lie to me more and make my life hell.Dying was better.Why didn't you just do that!"I say.

They all look at me guiltily.

"We're so sorry, why didn't you tell us the truth?"Erick asks.

"Because of the way you acted!You guys never even asked me why and every time I tried to talk to you you guys shut me off!"I say with my voice raised.

"We know and we are really sorry!"Eddy says.

"Stop!I don't need your apologies!Just take me home!Just pretend we are strangers in the same house and after two years you don't even have to see my face again."I say.

"Don't say that!Just give us another chance."Elliot pleads.

I remain silent and I didn't notice my step brothers there.They look at me with pain and guilt but they remain silent.

"Why did you do it?"Emmett asks.

I look at him confused.

"We bullied you before and you didn't do anything.The Astors lied too you but you didn't do anything.Xander kissed some other girl but you didn't do anything.Something happened after school that led you to do it.What was it?"Emmett asks.Emmett was always the smart one, he used logic more than emotion.I look away from him.They are not going to find what happened.They might use it against me.I can't trust anyone.

"So something did happen what was it?"John asks.

"You think after all of this I was going to be the perfect little sister and go to her big brothers when she has problems.You think I am going to trust any of you with anything?!"I yell.

"Ev!"Ethan looks at me pleadingly.

There is a knock on the door and it startles me.The doctor an the nurse come in.

"How are you feeling Everly?"The doctor asks me and I look at like he has grown ten heads.What does he think I am feeling.I tried to commit suicide.

"Right!"He says and examines me.

"I think you can go home now."He says.

"How long was I passed out?"I ask.

"One day!"He says and exits the room.The nurse comes near me and when she touches me I flinch.She looks at me suspiciously.She adjusts the glucose or whatever that watery poison is that enters my veins.

"Can I talk to one of you outside?"She asks and Evan and Erick go.

Erick

The nurse walks out with her clipboard far away from the room.She turns and me and my twin stop in our tracks.

"I need you to answer a few questions before we discharge her."She says and we nod.

"Has she shown any symptoms of depression."She asks.

"I haven't seen any, she always wears this blank expression."I say.

"That is a kind of depression.She doesn't want anyone to know her weakness, she feels lonely and has trust issues.Does she tell you anything?"She asks and I look at Evan since she tells him everything but they have been ignoring each other.He looks at me and shakes head.

"She weighs less than forty pounds, so I am guessing she has anorexia, which is also a part of depression."She says.

"Yeah, she has anorexia."Evan says.

"She weighs less than hundred pounds?"I ask.Now that I think about it she never eats that much.

The nurse nods.

"Last question, was she ever molested?"She asks and my whole world shatters.

"Molested?"I ask.

"Yes, if you haven't noticed she flinches every time someone touches her without her seeing it coming."She explains.She did flinch when Ethan and Evan hugged her but she has never done that before.

"What?!"Evan literally shouts.

"So I am guessing she didn't flinch like this before she tried this?"She and we shake our heads.

"What do we do?"Evan asks.

"Well for starter, keep anything sharp away from her, get her trust and she has to let you in to know for you to know the truth.Someone has to always keep an eye on her.Don't let her be locked away in the bathroom for too long.Try to not touch her by surprise."She says and we nod and she goes away.Evan sits on the chair and puts his head in his hands and starts crying.My other brothers and my step brothers come except Elliot.

"What did she say?"Jackson says.

"We think she was molested!"Is say quietly.