Chapter 10: Confession

Jackson

I don't get what is their problem with her.I mean she is like the best sister anyone could possibly have.My brothers and I started getting close to her to make the William brothers jealous and then break her.I know she keeps telling everyone they don't care about her but deep inside I know that they do.But as soon as we got to know her, we all got attracted to her.She wasn't like the other snobby girls.She had a kind heart and she was really cool.We started liking her as our own sister.So here we are defending her.

"Can't you guys stop torturing her for even a second!"John asks.

"WELL SHE TORTURED OUR MOTHER ALL THESE YEARS SO WE WILL DO THAT TO HER!"Eddison yells.

Interesting.I still don't know why she never talks about her real mother.When I asked my mum she told me it is not her place to answer and that I should ask Ev instead.

"You know if you stopped for a second and go through what your mom goes through and what Ev goes through you might change your mind.I don't understand how you can let your sister slip away like that.You have one chance to make it all right or else we will make her forget all about how wonderful you guys were!"I say sarcasm dripping in the last sentence.

"Yea right!"Ethan scoffs.

"Come on lets get to school.These people are useless fighting with and for.No wonder Ev already gave up on them."Jake says.

We get out of our home and into our school.I don't see Ev for the whole day and when lunch rolls by I go searching for her.I see her in the back garden just looking at the space in front of her.It's like she is zoned out of this world.

"Ev!"I call her and she jumps back to reality at my voice.

"God!You scared me."She says and I chuckle and sit beside her.She puts her head on my shoulder and we both sit there in a comfortable silence.

"You want to talk about why your brothers hate you so much?"I ask.

Everly

No one has ever asked me that question.Everyone just bows down to my brothers and they hang onto every word they say.But for some reason I like telling my secrets to Jackson just like I used to with Ethan.I don't need to think about if that will be taken to their advantage and they will use it against me.

"They hate me for something I didn't do!"I say.

"What is it that you didn't do?"He asks.

"My mom, she never approved of what I looked like.She told me I was fat and that I was the ugliest girl in the world.But for a six year old that was a lot.My own mother told that about me.She never let me eat anything junk and she made me skip meals.That's how I got anorexia. She looked at me with disgust and when she looked at my brothers she used to see them as her world.Truth be told I did envy them.But I also liked that they did not get hurt by my mother like I did.They didn't have to get her approval on accepting them.My brothers were my world, they used to protect me from bullies but I protected them from the truth.One day I found my mom with another man and I caught her cheating on dad.She hit me and told me she would kill me if I told someone about it.One day when I saw her with that man again I could not take it.Dad loved her so much but she just was with him for money and the luxury and the status.She hit me again but this time dad walked in on the scene.I never saw him so angry and hurt.He blamed himself for years because he didn't notice what was going on with me.Dad kicked mom out of the house.My brothers came and asked her why she was leaving.She just told them that I framed her for cheating on dad and dad doesn't want her around anymore.My brothers started hating me from that time.But it got even more when Evan went to stop mom but he went missing and my brothers blame me for that.I blame myself for that."I say and I didn't realize I was crying until I could taste the salty drops on my lips.

"You should not blame yourself and your brothers are idiots!You have us and you can tell us anything!Just remove that unnecessary step from the step brothers and we are your brothers!"He says and I smile.I haven't felt so happy in years.

"So what is your story?"I ask.

"Well our dad was never a part of our lives.He was barely home and never really was a dad to us like your dad.He never played ball with any of us.He never taught us how to shave or do any boy stuff but John was like our father figure instead.He took care of all of us.He put us before everything.Dad sometimes became violent to mom and we told her we don't need him and that she should just leave him.But my mom loved my dad too much to do that.My dad started cheating on my mom and he wasn't vert subtle about it.They used to have fights day and night.One day my dad came and told us that he doesn't want us and that he is going to a better looking woman who doesn't do so much drama.My mom was broke and her anorexia was coming back.Even though it broke all of us we pretended to be strong for her.We made her eat and we promised to stay with her no matter what.Then she met your dad and we were protective of our mom like she was our little sister.But my mom became happy and for some reason I knew Aaron was a good guy unlike my dad."He says and smiles.We both just sit in silence.Enjoying the peace that is going to be spoilt when I go home.

"Why do you hate Ava so much?"He asks.

"I guess because I am jealous of her relationship with my brothers which I used to have.Even though she is a nine year old she does pranks that do hurt me but atleast I have Lucas and Mike."I say and he laughs.

"If your brothers like her then I promise we would hate her and by the looks I am guessing they hate Lucas and Mike so we most probably will love them!"He says and we both laugh.

I am glad I got a step brother like him.