Chapter 3: The Astor Brothers

Everly

Present

I wake up with that memory.I have been trying to push it away everyday but it just gets worse.I haven't seen Evan in three years.I miss him so much! I was closest to him.It has been three years since my brothers talked to me properly and it has been three years since I saw the woman that made my life a torture and after she left the torture became more.

I feel alone everyday.I feel numb everyday.I cry my self to sleep everyday and wish for it all to be over fast but that's the thing will it ever be over.

I get up from my bed and go inside the bathroom and do my business.I take a long shower and get inside my walk-in closet and change into the outfit.

I take a long shower and get inside my walk-in closet and change into the outfit

I take my backpack and go downstairs to face reality.All my brothers and dad are there.I was going to just skip breakfast and go to school but dad spotted me and he doesn't let me go if I don't eat.

"Good Morning Sweetheart!"He says and all my brothers look up to me with disgusted faces.They have become my bullies when they were supposed to chase them away.I try to ignore it but it hurts deep inside.Over the years I have built up a façade and no one could see through me not even my twin.After mom left dad worried about me a lot but I could hide my feelings.I shut down from the world.Everyone saw the fake me.The one who didn't care what people called her behind her back but deep inside she did care.She was the girl who wanted approval from from her own mother.She wanted her mother to love and see her like she sees her brothers.

"Good Morning!" I mutter and go and grab a breakfast bar.

"Don't you want pancakes princess!"He asks and I shake my head.He looks at me concerned.

"Everly.." He says but I cut him off.

"I have to go, I need to get to the soccer academy first before going to school!" I say.I am the co captain of the soccer team in the academy that represents our district.I love soccer and have been playing it for as long as I can remember.It is the only thing that keeps me alive in this torturous world.

"Fine but before you go take a seat I need to tell you something." He says and I seriously don't want to sit next to any of my brothers.

" I am good standing!" I say with a smile and he nods knowing mine n=and my brothers' bond is not that strong.

"So don't freak out but I am going to get married!" He says and all of us freeze.Another woman who might look at me like trash and hurt me.I drop my breakfast bar while my brothers drop their phones down and their jaws are on the floor.

"WHAT!!"All my brothers shout but I am speechless.What if this woman is worse than mom!

"I love her and I am want to marry her!"Dad says and in his eyes I can tell that he truly loves that woman.

"Is she a good person?"I ask not wanting to know the answer.

Dad looks at me and his eyes soften.He knows why I am asking this.

"Honey,she is amazing!"He says with a smile and I want to believe him but I can't.

"What about mom?"Erick asks.

"What about her?"My dad asks.He truly despises her after what she did to me.

"Your just going to believe what Everly said and forget about mom!"Ethan shouts.I flinch ,they still think I framed her for cheating on dad.But that is not the only reason he divorced her.

"Ethan you don't know what your mother did to.."Dad says but I cut him off.

"Dad!"I say and shake my head and he looks at me and understanding crosses his features.When my brothers kept blaming me for mom leaving and Evan going missing my dad was about to tall them the main reason why but I told him to leave it as they loved her and I didn't want them to lose the connection that I never had with my mother.

"We have dinner with her and her sons tonight.Be here on time and don't even think about skipping."Dad says but only one word catches our ears.

"Sons?!"Elliot asks.

"Yeah!Now go to school we will discuss this later!"He says.

I kiss his cheek and tell him good bye before going to my garage to take my pink motorcycle.My dad got it for me on my fifteenth birthday and I love it.Plus it was my only gift since practically my brothers only celebrated that day as only Ethan's birthday.He also got Ethan a blue motorcycle which he never uses since pink and blue was our twin color.

I realize that I forgot my helmet and go inside the house to get my pink helmet.Just when I am about to step outside the house my brothers stop me!

They still have those disgusted faces on.

"You know it is all your fault that dad is marrying another woman.If you weren't such a lying bitch.She would still be here!"Edison says with his voice raised.I just look at him I don't talk to them anymore because they want a reaction from me.I move past them and go to my motorcycle when I hear Emmanuel.

"We hate you and we wish you were never born!Why can't you just die!"He says and this is the first time either of them said that they wanted me to die!But guess what you won't get that satisfaction!Tears prick to my eyes threatening to fall but I tell myself everyday 'They don't deserve tears.'

I turn to face them.

"Good to know!"I say and get on my motorcycle and go to the soccer academy.

After an hour

I come out of the soccer academy and head to hell aka high school.I don'r have any friends since my brothers clearly told the whole world that I mean nothing to them and bully me openly which makes it fine for others to bully me.I go to my locker and see that someone wrote"Fat ass" on  it and by now I got used to it.I take the books I need for the day and get my red spray paint and spray it on the word.By now I might have put at least  a hundred layers of spray paint.

"No quantity of paint can hide that your a fat ass Everly!"Jessica, my number one bully says.I ignore her and continue to walk to my class.

After half the day is over lunch rolls by.I go to the cafeteria to buy lunch since dad even tells the lunch lady to see if I buy my lunch.I do buy my lunch but end up throwing it in the bin.I buy a sandwich and go to a empty table and sit.I take my phone and start going through social media when someone's shadow towers over me and I know that it is someone who wants to bully me because it is fun to do that to me.But when I look up from my phone I am surprised to see Jackson Astor standing in front of me.He smiles and sits down.The Astor brothers are my brothers' enemies.They were rivals since grade school.They are the only people in this school who don't bully me.I talk to Jackson sometimes cause he plays soccer in my academy and is also the co-captain of the boys' soccer team.But I rarely to talk to him there also.The whole cafeteria goes silent as they look at us.

"Hi Everly!"

"Hi!" I say.

"Where are your brothers?"He asks and I now get to know why he is sitting here.

"Look! If you think by acting sweet to me and all will get to my brothers!You are wrong!They hate me and don't care about me so you might want to do that tactic on Jessica since they clearly care about her more than they do about me."I say and he chuckles.

Right when he was going to say something the cafeteria door opens and my brothers come in.They look at my table most probably to come and bully me.They spot Jackson sitting there and for a second they look shocked.I get up and throw my sandwich in the bin and go pastv my brothers to the door. 

This day just is another day of pain and torture.