Chapter 14: The Kiss

Everly

Yesterday was very eventful.My brothers haven't said any type of bitch comment.Right now I am in the garden at the back of our school.Not many people come here and during lunch no one does.I sit there lost in my thoughts when I can feel Him near me.He comes and sits beside me.

"Why did you have to leave!"I ask.

"It's safer if you don't know!"He says and I turn my head to face him and he is watching me like he wants reach out to me and hug me like he used to.

"You could have at least said goodbye!"I say tears already springing to my eyes.

"I'm sorry but if I told you anything your life could be in danger."He says.

"Is it your dad!"I ask.His dad is a mafia king.He told me about it before.I was the only person he would tell most of it to.He loved talking to me and vice versa.

He sighs and takes my hand in his interlacing our fingers.

"Yeah!"He says and looks everywhere but at me.I cup his cheeks in my free hand.

"Are you okay?"I ask.

He looks at me.

"Are you?"He asks implying it towards my mother.He was the first one to know about it.He forced me to eat.But after he went without a word I stopped trying to become better.Everything in my life became pointless.

"Dad found out and divorced mom and my brothers hate me because they think I framed her for cheating on him.Then my dad got engaged to the Astor brothers' mother.Then Ava told my brothers I have anorexia yesterday."I say and he looks at me concerned.Xander always brought the best version of me.I loved that about him.He puts his hand on top of my hand in his cheeks.

"I love you!"He whispers and I couldn't take it anymore.I connected my lips to his.He immediately kissed me back.We pull back after we run breathless.

"I love you too!"I whisper and he smiles.His signature smile just for me.

"Will you give me another chance?"He asks and I nod and his lips are on mine in seconds.

"Ugggh!Quit the make out session!Get a room!Wait don't do that."Someone says breaking our moment and I turn to see Jackson and his sheepish grin.

"You must be the infamous Xander that people talk about."He says sitting beside me.

"The one and only!"He says smiling.

"But since I am her favorite brother I am going to have to approve of you!"Jack says.

I roll my eyes.'

"I have heard quite a lot about you from Ava!You guys most probably had your your first kiss in the park!Cliché!And also no more sneaking in bedrooms!Wait he can't you and Ethan share a room!"He says and I elbow him in the stomach and he chuckles.

Xan just raises a brow at me.

"Somehow Ava saw our secretive ways!"I say and Xan chuckles.

After lunch was over I went to my motorcycle when Xan comes next to me.

"I always knew you would get one of these!"He says smiling.

"I see you've also got a motorcylcle!"I say nodding towards the motorcycle.

"I heard a lot about the Devil's Queen!Would she be interested in losing against the the Devil's King?"He says.

"Like they say a king will only bow down to a queen no one else!"I say and he smiles.It was something he used to say to me all the time.

"Your on babe!"He says and his lips are on mine.With him I can feel free.I can be myself and not hide the real me.

"Will guys stop showing PDA everywhere I go!"Someone says and I groan why does he have to interrupt us all the time.

"I'll see you later babe!"Xan says planting a kiss on my cheeks and drives off.I do the same and go home since I don't have soccer today.We all eat dinner as a family and go to sleep.I completely ignore my brothers and they don't bother me that much either!

A week passes by and I love having Xander by my side.The bullying has stopped even though people speak behind my back but I don't care.

Mum,me and my brothers and my step brothers sit in the living room.When the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it it!"I say and make my way to the door and open it.

I freeze.

Her