Chapter 29: I am sorry!

Elliot

"I'm sorry...for what happened with your sister!No sixteen year old deserves that!But she is fine now!"He says with a sad smile.

He got me there for a second.Who starts with I am sorry after exiting the ER.

"She has lost a lot of blood and you should be grateful that you got her here on time!If you were five minutes late.."He trails off.

We get it mister!

I feel so terrible all my brothers do!I left my baby sister alone when I always promised her that I would be there when she needs me.I left her for that scumbag who is my mother.

"She will be waking up any minute!You guys can go in!"He says and we thank him and go inside.It breaks me to see her like this.

"I'll call dad!"I say and exit the room.I have to be strong for her.

I dial dad's number and he answers.

"Hey son!"He says in the happiest tone but the news I am about to tell him is going to give him the opposite reaction.

"Dad.....Evy attempted suicide!"I say and a sob leave me.

Aaron

"Dad.....Evy attempted suicide!"He says and a sob leave him.

"What?"I shout.He has to be kidding.My baby girl can't die.She is my world.

"We got her here on time!"He says.

"I'll be there as soon as I can!"I say.I hang up and Emma looks at me in a concerned way!

"What's wrong honey?"She asks.

"Every tried to commit suicide"I say and I start sobbing.She has panic written all over her face and tears well up her eyes.She hugs me and I do the same.Bu all I can wonder is if Ev had one hug like this before she wouldn't have done what she did.

"She is going to be okay!She is strong!"Em keeps repeating and I don't know if she is trying to reassure me or reassure herself.I tell my siblings and they all have panic written in their faces.Mia starts crying.We head to the airport.

"Sir all your passports have been declined, you have to renew it!"She says.

"What?How long will it take?"I ask in urgency.

"A month or two."She says.

"Is there any other way for us to get on the flight!"Ben asks.

"I am sorry sir but I can't do anything!"She says and I take out my phone and call Eddison.

"Dad?"He asks and I can see the pain in his voice.

"Why didn't you ever tell us why Jane left?"He asks and I know he got to know the truth.

"I couldn't Everly didn't want that!"I say and he sighs.

"I can't get there.My passport has been declining and I need to renew it which would take a month or two!"I say.

"WHAT?!"He shouts.

"I am sorry!You think I don't want to be there?I can't fucking help anything!Just promise me you guys will take very good care of your sister that she never repeats what she did again!"I say.

"We promise!"He says.