37 | The Good Old Days

You guys are passing through the target quite fast, so here's the update

You guys are passing through the target quite fast, so here's the update. It's a long story, and contains at least 10-12 or more chapters, depends on the length of the chapters. So, today's target is 70+? 💟

Prince Beomgyu stood behind the wall as he stared at the entrance. His fiance was there, talking and smiling with his grandparents. He, so badly, wanted to escape from this palace and these people. He didn't want to meet Karina as well. He hated it. The prince of North Korea could give anything to be somewhere else right now, what a shame, he had no such choice.

"Your lady is here," Yeeun muttered as she stood beside him. "Why don't you like her? She's a great girl."

He sighed. "Love is not something we Royals are supposed to have in our lives. It ruins us." He glanced at Yeeun. "It ruined you too."

The latter closed her eyes. "Beomgyu, my heart is full of guilt for what I'm doing, but I don't have any choice." She bit her lip, and smiled sadly. "Look what I've become. Vernon is my only heaven in this hell, and I need that light, brother. I need him back."

"When I was a child, I thought that we were someone great, that we're special that people are dying to meet us, and treat us with so much respect." Beomgyu glanced at Karina. "But, now I've realized that we're nothing but pretense, sis. We're pathetic."

"Brother-"

"Commoners are allowed to be in love, but we even have to give something in return to have that feeling." His eyes filled with regret. "When I gave that fruit custard to Joy last night, there was something in her eyes. That selfless, and look at us..."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I made you did those things." Yeeun held his hand. "You can stop if you feel that way."

"But, you won't stop. Will you?" He pulled away his hand. "Love is supposed to make you a better person, but you're becoming worse, so no, I don't want to love Karina, and become this version of you." His eyes met his fiance, and she came to him with a bright smile as Yeeun excused herself.

"Your highness." Karina bowed to him, and he wanted to smile, he really did, but instead, he walked away as she followed him. "Sir, I'm going to become your wife soon. Are you really going to be like this for the lifetime?"

He stopped, and she slammed her face against his back. He turned around to face as she massaged her forehead. "I don't want anything to do with you, Karina. If you really want that kind of relationship, then please leave this relationship, leave me, and marry someone else."

Her throat wobbled as she blinked back her tears before putting a smile on her face. "I wish I could do that, but you know it's not in my hands."

She looked around, and he felt bad for her. She was trying hard not to cry in front of him. "I don't want to care, Karina. I've seen people destroy themselves in this feeling, and I can't have that. I'm already traumatized enough."