29 | And, You Tolerate It

Ta da! Guys, this is the second update of the day, so please read the previous chapter if you've not yet

"Baekhyun."

His eyes fluttered, and he opened his eyes to see Hera in his room. He jumped, almost hurting his injured shoulder, and glanced at the wall clock. It was almost 4 am. Climbing down the bed, he went to her with quick steps, and scanned her body. "You alright?"

She shrugged. "I... I don't know what to say. Tonight turned out to be a nightmare." Her eyes told him the story her lips couldn't. She looked exhausted, and even know there were tears in her eyes, she didn't break down again. She was tired of crying.

"Taehyung and I went to look for you everywhere, after the call, where were you?" He asked. "I even called the palace to know if my grandma had taken you there, but no. Where were you?" he grabbed her hand.

"I... I was in my room. Filling up the scholarship form," she replied, and color drained from his face. "I've accepted the deal with your grandma, Baek. I'm going to the US."

"What?" His hand fell by his side. "Why?"

"Why?" She snapped. "She tortured me, Baek. But, how would you know what I felt when she humiliated me, when she called me a gold digger-"

"Well, you're not doing a good job at defending yourself by accepting a scholarship from her!" He threw his hands up. "You're a commoner, Hera. What is so bad about it? Why would you let her make you feel inferior to yourself? Just why?"

"Because I'm poor!" She glared at him. "Because of you, I had to lose my self respect and bow down to someone I hate from the bottom of my heart. Monarchy? I hate this fucking shit and your fucking Pretense of being superior than us."

"You're lying! Just a few days ago, you were in love with me, a royal himself."

"But, you can't deny it, that all you Royals do is live off our money, and have guts to be disrespectful to us afterwards."

"You don't know anything. I know you're angry, but I will never allow you to disrespect monarchy -"

"I don't care what you believe, prince Baekhyun." She got into his face, and glared at him. "Your stupid crush and games had me begging for my life. I regretted every second I spent with you. Do you know that? I fucking hated you, you bastard."

"My stupid crush? Ya! We both were involved in this. You regret it? Do you know what I went through when I came to know that the queen is talking to you? I couldn't breathe--"

"That's why you were sleeping soundly in the four walls of your room, huh?" She raised her eyebrows. "Do you take me as a stupid girl?"

"Sleeping soundly?" he sounded hurt. "I had a panic attack, and doctor injected with a relief shot when my anxiety won't decrease. I was going crazy about you."