44 | I Walk Through Fire

Remember : No one knows you in the wattpad world

Remember : No one knows you in the wattpad world. Be who you are. The story is finally coming to an end. Drop your last brain cells in this ride, my mind is exhausted. Lol. 70+?💟

"Hail to the queen."

The public of North Korea bowed to the newly appointed queen as the royal family stepped into the balcony, and waved at everyone. It was all over a festival for the people as they celebrated the crowning of the queen.

"Long lives the queen."

Joy smiled, and felt the wight of the crown increasing with her people's hopeful eyes. Her eyes glanced towards her guests and she met with Taehyung's smile. If she wanted to be with him, she was supposed to leave the country, and go to South Korea, and if it was her from few years ago, she would've agreed to the condition, but now, it was a whole different thing.

How could she even think of leaving this country? But, how could she think of leaving him too?

"You're the queen now." Her grandma stood beside her. "Always remember, your country is before everything else. Even before you." Her eyes moved to Taehyung. "I've seen the way you look at that man, but I can't allow you to leave the throne now, Joy."

"I'm not leaving this country, grandma." She turned to the crowd outside the palace. "You have done a lot of questionable things for me to succeed after you. I won't disappoint you."

"I did all that because I believe you're the best this nation can have. This throne demands everything, Joy. Even your life. Don't mistake this as your happiness. You're here to serve. You've gotta be crook when you want things to go your way." Her grandma held her hand. "If Taehyung is ready to leave his country, and come here as this country's king, I don't have any problem."

"He's the second heir-"

"First is Baekhyun. Their father's reign is going to go on a long way. For years maybe. Baekhyun would have children by then, and Taehyung will go down the Heirs list."

"I'll think about it." Joy shook her head, and her grandma squeezed her hand as they went on smiles again. The queen's eyes flickered towards Taehyung, and she gulped as her heart sank in the realization. She might lose Taehyung for good if he rejected the idea of coming here.

She thought of talking to Taehyung after her crowning, but as soon as they were alone, he kissed her, and every negative thought left her mind as he hugged her. "I'm so proud of you," he whispered and leaned back to stare at her. It all started innocent. He tucked her hair back, and their eyes locked and it was like they were sucked into another world.

All thoughts of right and wrong fell away in that moment.

"I'm leaving in the early morning." He gulped. "Do you think you can spare me tonight, queen?" Their eyes met over his hand as he continued to softly run his finger over the silky skin of her cheek. His gaze flickered to her mouth as her tongue darted out to lick her lips.