30 | Betrayal After Betrayal

Don't forget to drop your thoughts in the comments section 💭

"Joy."

She fluttered her eyes and smiled when saw Taehyung laying beside her. "Good morning." She snuggled into his embrace, and he chuckled. "It should be illegal to look this good in the morning."

"I love you," he whispered, and her smile widened. The sun rays hit her face directly, and she frowned. "I really love you. With all of my heart." His voice became a distant memory as soon as she began to gain consciousness, and opened her eyes.

The bed was cold, and there was no one in the room. The warmth she imagined had left her soul, and the dark reality set it. Grabbing the phone from the bedside table, she checked it for any messages. It was christmas after all, but again no message. Not from anyone. It felt like everyone had forgotten her in these holidays.

'I tried your number, but you didn't pick up. Merry Christmas, Hera darling!'

'Merry Christmas, my almost fiance Prince Baekhyun :)'

'Merry Christmas to the prettiest girl, Irene.'

'Joonie Jonnie... Ho ho!! Merry Christmas, Namjoon.'

'Merry Christmas, worldwide handsome!'

'Kookie, Merry Christmas!'

'Lizzie baby, Merry Christmas!'

'Merry Christmas, Taehyung. I hope we can talk again after you cool down. Please talk to me. Please?' 

Her finger hovered over the sent option, but she shook her head, and edited to message. 'Merry Christmas, Taehyung.' She sent the message, and fell back on the bed. There was a hole in her heart, and it was hurting more and more with the passing time. Her heart missed him and everyone. She had found a family in those guys, and it hurt her to no extent that they won't talk to her.

Just then her phone rang, and she smiled when saw Lisa's name flashed on the screen. "Yeah. You too. Merry Christmas," she wished. "No, I think everyone else is busy, only you called me... Yup. Oh! They called you, then I'm must be next in line. Yes, wait, I'll call you later. Hera is calling." She hung up the call, and closed her eyes.

Did she just lie to save her face? She stared at her phone, and sighed for the hundredth time. Nobody had contacted her during the holidays, not even Hera. She wondered if her friend was also taking sides in matter of crown? She felt hurt by the behaviour, and even called first, but no one picked up the call.

She looked around the empty room, and climbed down the bed. After freshening up, she went downstairs and greeted her siblings with a bright smile. "Merry Christmas guys."

"Merry Christmas." Yeeun and Beomgyu nodded, and she sat on the chair. "By the way, did you hear Joy that Princess Lia just got engaged to Yeonjun. Those south koreans are really something, they didn't even invite us. So discreet."