15 | Like An Addiction

Baekhyun and Joy stood side by side, and stared up to the night sky. The stars were gracing them with their presence, and looked brighter than usual. Shining stars were illuminating the darkness, and the silence between the two persons were as chilling as the moon up there.

"I was a coward," He started, and she glanced at him as his thumb caressed her skin. "I thought not knowing you would make it easier. To ignore you. To ignore this guilt for ignoring you."

"You don't have to explain," Joy said softly. "I know you must be feeling uncomfortable, considering that we're quite young for a marriage talk."

"I was 7." Baekhyun turned to face her. "When I first came to know about the banned words. At first, I was confused as to why I'm not supposed to apologize or be thankful to the other person, but when I actually saw the world... Our world... It made sense."

"I understand." Joy held his hand. "You don't have to explain anything because I feel the same way, Prince. Also, feelings are not something you can generate like a robot for another person, it just happens when your heart wants."

"I hope you find your happiness too, Joy." Baekhyun squeezed her hand. "Trust me, I'm not that person. I'm fucked up. I don't think I even know what has been going around me. Hazy gaze as if I'm high every second of the day... I'm still trying to get back into control." He sighed.

"And, I guess Hera is helping you lose control?" She raised her eyebrows. "I've been staying in control of my family for years, Baekhyun. Now that I know what it's like to feel freedom, I don't think I want to go back to the way I was. Feeling high is not bad."

He chuckled. "Feeling high without any drugs is bad. It's a deadly addiction."

"If it makes you happy and feel over cloud 9, then it's worth it." Joy regarded him. "She's a nice girl, but if she's going to be with you, she needs to do a better job with her emotions."

"I know. You do know that she misunderstood the situation. Right?" He frowned. "Can you forgive her?"

"I'll. She just has to do me a favor," Joy said, and his frown deepened. "I'll talk to her."

He nodded, not prying much. "You said, you've felt like that... to lose control. What happened?"