chapter five

It has been a couple of days since I landed back in London. In those days I visited my parents in Brighton, and watched a lot of Netflix. Just trying to get as much rest as possible before I start rehearsing for the O2. The team and I have big plans for the O2, we want the show to be as special as possible. My choreographer already came up with loads of dances for all the songs. Usually I do dance a bit, but with this show I wanted to step it up a bit. Training begins today, that means that the next couple of weeks it will be constant dancing, singing and fitness training.

Most of the training will be in a dance studio close by the O2. That is where I am headed now. I am quite nervous to be honest, I just want this show to be amazing.

"There she is!" I see Dave standing by the entrance and I can't get over fast enough to give him a hug. "Dave! How was Paris with Sophie?" I let go of him and see that he is smiling from ear to ear. "Oh it was amazing Nova, could not been much better" "I am glad to hear that Dave" We walked inside to see my dance team and choreographer already rehearsing. "Hi everybody!" I yell hoping that they will hear me over the music. Eric, my choreographer, stops the music and comes over to give me a hug. "Hi Nova, are you ready to learn all these dances" He grins at me knowing that I am so excited for this. I have always loved dancing, but never pursued it. Eric knows the best moves and makes it look like even I can dance. "You know I can't wait" I jump up excitedly. I ran over to my dancers and give them all a hug. I have 10 dancers in my team, 6 guys and 4 girls. They are all so talented and nice. "I am so glad to see you all again, we are going to smash this!" They all cheered with me, all excited to start training again.

Dave walks over to me, and tells me that we first have a small meeting with my manager Cindy. "The dancers will rehearse first with Eric, you will join them after". We walk over to a small room attached to the dance studio, to meet Cindy. Cindy is an absolute sweetheart, because Dave is my tour manager and sort of body guard I spent way more time with him. But behind the scene Cindy arranges everything. "Hi my love" Cindy stands up and gives me the biggest hug. "Hi Cindy, how are you doing" I let go of her and sit down. "I am great, and you". Dave gives me and Cindy some tea and sits down. "I am doing great too, why do we need to have a meeting?" I take a sip of my tea, realizing to late that it was still too hot, burning my tongue.

"Well me and the team has been thinking how we can make this show the best show it can be. We want it to be surprising, entertaining and magical. And we think we have a perfect plan to make it precisely that" Cindy tells me while warming up her hands with her tea. "Okay, I am listening" I tell her nervously. I have absolutely no idea what they have in mind. Usually they first come to me with this kind of ideas. Sure they are still asking me now, but I don't want to disappoint them if I don't like the idea.

Cindy looks at me with an understanding smile "because the show is in London, you will have fans that have known you for the longest time. This is after all where it all started. And because we want to thank those fans with something special we think you should have some special guests." I get even more nervous now, I have never shared the stage with anyone else, or do a song with somebody else. Of course, I would love to do that sometimes, but to do it first time in front of roughly 20.000 people? I feel a hand touch my hand "I know your nervous but just hear us out" Dave says while squeezing my hand.

"You know these guest very well, and so will the audience. And it will be for one song only. We were thinking about making the Sidemen your backup dancers for your song Shine"