Chapter 28 - Silk Spinner Ring

Nie Yan walked over to the silver treasure chest and began unlocking it with the Silver Key.

「System: Opening treasure chest… Estimated Completion: 20%… 50%…」

「Click!」The chest was unlocked.

He glanced at the key which now had its durability reduced from three to two. Not bad… I can still use this two more times. Nie Yan threw the key into his knapsack and then started to feel around the inside of the chest. Eventually, he grasped an item; it was small, round, and felt smooth inside his hand. It’s a ring! Nie Yan’s surprise echoed in his thoughts as he fished out the item from the chest.

The band had an ashy gray colour and he found it difficult to discern what material it was crafted from. Upon the setting attached to one side of the band sat an opaque white jewel adorned at the very center. Engraved on this opaque white jewel was the image of a spider. Despite its small size, the engraving was vivid and lifelike. It made it appear as though a jade white spider truly did exist within this jewel.

Silk Spinner Ring
Properties: Unidentified

“It’s a Silk Spinner Ring!” Nie Yan gasped in surprise.

The Silk Spinner Ring was a Bronze-grade accessory that could only be found in areas where spider type monsters spawned. Moreover, it was a ring that retained its usefulness all the way up to Level 60. This was due to the ring’s unique properties; it could shoot out a tough resilient thread of spider silk that adhered to most surfaces and could extend up to ten feet in length. In essence, it was the perfect treasure for scaling or jumping over obstacles such as rooftops, walls, ledges, or trees.

“What’s a Silk Spinner Ring?” Tang Yao asked in bewilderment.

Nie Yan faintly smiled and replied, “Just look at the craftsmanship. It should be at least a Silver-grade accessory.”

Although the properties of this ring were yet to be appraised, he was able to discern the grade of equipment like this just by glancing at the name.

“Oh… so it was a Silver-grade accessory? No wonder you were so excited!” Tang Yao replied as he came to a sudden realization.

From Nie Yan’s perspective, this Silk Spinner Ring was much more valuable than the Meteor skill book. This was because this ring would make him significantly more versatile, therefore he would have plenty more options to consider when working towards a specific goal. In his heart, he couldn’t help but think: Now if only I can get a hold of that jewel from the Treant King, then everything will be perfect.

“A friend of mine invited me to run the Treant Forest with her tomorrow and there’s still a few open spots. Do you want to join?”

“Sure, but… would they even agree to have me?” Tang Yao asked in a somewhat anxious tone. He and his friends had wanted to form a team and run a dungeon in the past; however, not a single team wanted them or agreed to let them join.

“No worries, you have me with you after all. Besides, your magic damage is fifty now. Such a high damage Arcane Mage… even if they wanted to find one they wouldn’t be able to. Have some confidence in yourself. You’re my brother after all!” Nie Yan smiled and patted Tang Yao on the shoulder.

“Understood! If you have any more advice to give, then please let me know now. Whatever you tell me, I’ll practice it. I don’t believe there’s anything I can’t learn!” Listening to these words, Tang Yao was in high spirits and felt touched by Nie Yan’s words.

“Well, I’ve already told you all that you need to know in regards to improving your skills. The most crucial aspect now is whether you’ve practiced enough or not. As long as you practice, improve your reaction time, and put in the effort to avoid making any large mistakes, you’ll have nothing to worry about. Try finding people to duel with early in the day to improve your skills. When you get to Level 5, I’ll find some people and we’ll form a team to run Secret Cavern. There I’ll help you grab the Arcane Mage’s Exile Disciple set. I’ll have you so satisfied, you’ll explode from happiness,” Nie Yan said. With him here, it would be difficult for Tang Yao not to become an expert—even if he didn’t want to.