Chapter 31 - Assassin's Decree

As Nie Yan moved forward, he gradually came within roughly three meters of one of the nearby Leader-class Rock Spiders. The spider suddenly trembled and turned its gaze towards Nie Yan’s location.

Fortunately, Nie Yan was completely immersed within the darkness of the cave. The shadows here provided him an excellent environment to conceal himself.

Even so, the Rock Spider’s gaze was so intense that it actually appeared to be capable of piercing through the darkness.

The tenseness in his heart reached an extreme as he held his breath and stuck as close to the cave wall as possible.

The spider trembled as it saw a distinct silhouette gradually come into view.「Scritch! Scritch!」It let out a cry and rushed towards its newfound opponent.

Dammit, I’ve been discovered. Nie Yan’s heart sank as he activated a Speed Scroll and sped towards the spring as fast he could.

In that same moment, the two other spiders also took action and attempted to flank Nie Yan.

They blocked off his path while the previous spider attempted to ram him.

Nie Yan bent his knees to their limit and then leapt out of the way of the attacking spider.

His character’s weight load was currently light, thus he had a maximum jumping distance of three meters and jump height of half a meter. In a flash, he leapt out of the Rock Spider’s attack range.

「Boom!」The spider’s immense body rammed into the wall. The impact fractured the wall, sending rubble falling to the ground.

Meanwhile, the other two spiders simultaneously pounced at him from the front and left flank.

However, Nie Yan’s senses were sharp. He quickly went into a roll after landing, avoiding the oncoming charge of both spiders.「Bang!」The two spiders collided with each other, and as a result, they flipped over and sprawled out on their backs.

The three Leader-class Rock Spiders had nearly blocked off all paths of escape with their massive bodies alone.

Nie Yan successfully escaped their encirclement by passing through a small gap between the three spiders, after which he continued running forward. Upon reaching the five-meter mark, he increased his pace even more as he bolted towards the spring.

One of the spiders managed to recover faster than the others and pounced towards Nie Yan. Seeing this, Nie Yan leaped into the air, and with a splash, dove head first into the spring.

The three Rock Spiders hovered around when they arrived at the water’s edge. However, in the end, none of them dared to enter.

It was yet another narrow escape. As Nie Yan dove deeper, he activated the Water Aversion Pearl’s ability.

There was even less light underwater, which greatly hampered his vision. Meanwhile, the currents posed a huge challenge as they pushed him every which way, making it more difficult to swim. At times they would even forcefully push or pull him away from his destination.

Nie Yan stabilized himself and carefully observed his surroundings. After reclaiming his bearings, he swam forth once more.

There shouldn’t be any monsters here, Nie Yan thought to himself. He swam for another ten minutes before seeing gentle pillars of light shine down through the waters above him.

I remember this place! There’s a treasure chest near this location! Nie Yan thought as he swam through the dark waters at the bottom of the lake. In his previous life, every inch of this area had been thoroughly searched by others. Even the hidden nooks and crannies weren’t exempt from this search. It was because of this that Nie Yan knew there was someone who had found a treasure chest in this location before.