Chapter 122 - Escape!

Nie Yan's eyes widened in shock as notices flooded his screen. He never expected the shop to sell so much in only two days.

Over the last few days, the activity surrounding Sosil Valley, instead of lessening, had actually increased substantially! Even though the drops from the dungeon were good and the Werewolves there gave decent experience, the main reasoning behind this event was due to rumours of a new dungeon opening soon. For the sake of being better prepared when it opens, various players and guilds were feverishly gathering better equipment to improve their strength.

As a consequence, the demand for Black Phenol was greatly magnified. So, when the supply in the auction house eventually ran out, the major guilds began taking note of the Starry Night Potion Shop. Unfortunately, the Black Phenol and Black Phenol Recipes there were excessively overpriced. It was as if they were being squeezed for everything they had! However, since the owner was nowhere to be found, there was no one to negotiate with. Thus, after struggling for a long period of time, they finally caved in and began buying the shop's goods one after another. Despite being fully aware that they were being cheated, there was nothing they could do because the only place left that had Black Phenol and Black Phenol Recipes for sale was this single shop in the middle of the slums!

Often times, this was just the way the world worked.

After summarizing two days worth of sales, he had earned another twenty-five gold!

In terms of earning money, who would be able to compete with him?

With more money in his pockets, he planned to rapidly expand his capital. After all, if he left it sitting there, its purchasing power would only slowly depreciate, because as the players gradually advanced in level, the value of in-game currency would definitely fall. Furthermore, since he had reached Level 10, it was finally possible for him to use the transfer point to teleport to other cities, allowing him to proceed to the next phase of his plan. His ambitions didn't stop only at Calore as he planned to purchase land in other cities too, but he wouldn't get the chance if he was late!

The competition over in-game real-estate was extremely fierce. Who would wait for others when all of these properties were being quickly eaten up?

Not to mention, his act of monopolizing the Black Phenol market also had an underlying effect. It would reduce the capital of the major guilds at least by some extent, slowing their rate of expansion while rapidly increasing his own.

Having received some good news, Nie Yan's mood instantly took a turn for the better. He had already figured out, as well as memorized, the movements of these numerous patrolling Vampires and, simultaneously, thought out a suitable plan. Although there was one small flaw in his plan, he still resolved to give it a try.

Nie Yan stared at the darkness below and walked the route he would take in his head. Finally, he jumped off the pillar, activating Stealth the moment he came in contact with the ground before disappearing into the background.

If he wished to stay outside of the detection range of these Vampires, he needed to stay at least ten meters away from them, which was exceedingly hard as he was no longer able to overlook their position from atop the pillar. Thus, he could only madly rush forward while strictly following the route he memorized in his heart.

He was completely relying on memory. Fortunately, he was confident enough that even if he was running around in the dark or his eyes were shut, he would still more or less be able to find his way.

After traversing about fifty meters, he came to a halt and held his breath.

Only ten meters ahead of him was a group of Vampires passing by before eventually moving into the distance.