Chapter 41 - Vulgar Fellow

Nie Yan had a better understanding of his own strength after using the testing machines today. Although he was quite lacking compared to those expert fighters, he should still be able to handle himself if he came across unexpected circumstances.

With twenty-eight thousand dollars in reward money, Nie Yan headed to the department store to purchase ten or so tubes of nutritional supplements, which were enough to last him for the rest of the month.

Nie Yan continued exercising when he returned home. During the past few days, aside from gaming, he spent the rest of his time exercising and studying. As for other matters, he’d have to put them aside until his parents returned.

Just like this, half a day quickly passed by. It was near five in the evening and the game servers would be opening soon. Nie Yan reclined on the bed with the gaming helmet on his head.

As soon as he entered the game, he began to diligently train by grinding the surrounding Water Spiders. As several spiders met their deaths one after another by his hands, his experience bar gradually rose. He would level up shortly after ten or so mobs.

「Nie Yan, where are you right now?」Yao Yao asked Nie Yan through voice chat.

「I’m still at Lake Rando killing Water Spiders.」

「Come to the Tellak town transfer point in five minutes. We’re about to set off very soon. Bring that friend of yours over as well.」

「Alright,」Nie Yan replied.

「If that’s all, I guess we’ll meet in five minutes then.」

After disconnecting from the voice chat with Yao Yao, Nie Yan contacted Tang Yao.「Tellak town transfer point. Our team is about to head out soon. Quickly get over there.」

「This early?」Tang Yao replied in surprise. His tone contained eagerness and pleasant surprise.

「Generally, people run dungeons as early in the day as possible rather than later. Besides, it’s better to set off in the morning compared to the afternoon or evening.」

「Gotcha, I’ll head there right now,」Tang Yao replied and hurriedly prepared himself to leave.

Nie Yan checked his experience bar—Level 3, 99%. Filling up the remaining one percent would still require ten minutes of grinding at the very least. Since it appeared he didn’t have enough time, he took out a return scroll and began unravelling it. After twenty seconds and a brilliant flash of light, the scenery before his eyes shifted. He had returned to town.

「Where are you? Coordinates?」Nie Yan asked Tang Yao through voice chat.

「Hey, I can see you. I’ll come over, so stay where you are.」Tang Yao came walking over from the plaza in the distance. He was garbed from head to toe in a fiery red mage robe. It appeared especially conspicuous within the crowd and attracted the envious gazes of the surrounding players. Tang Yao had even unconsciously straightened his back and puffed out his chest.

The equipment he wore was a symbol of high honour because it represented the presence of an expert.

“So, how’d your practice at home go?” Nie Yan asked. Tang Yao appeared to be full of energy when Nie Yan gazed at him. He no longer looked like the depressed and dispirited player he remembered in his past life.

“Not bad. You’ll know in just a bit. I didn’t improve by just a small amount either! Hey, listen to this! When I logged off, that brat Wei Kai actually called me up. That guy surprisingly wanted to curry some favour with us. He even asked for your phone number. Anyway, I made him my training partner and had several dozen matches with him. That guy didn’t even win a single match!”